+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chuck on NBC

Re: Chuck on NBC

I didn't get the nod to Die Hard as I've never seen any of the movies but I enjoyed seeing Karl from Family Matters as Big Mike always reminded me of him anyway. Also, did anyone else catch the nod to the movie Groundhog Day? The agent holding everyone hostage was named Ned Ryerson who is the name of the guy always trying to sell Bill Murray insurance. Totally my favorite character in that movie!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I'm so excited that Chuck is back tonight!!!!!!!! So this 3D thing, do you just wear the stupid glasses? I have some around the house but that usually hurts my eyes and it typically hurts my eyes to watch in 3D without the glasses too. Well, I have an HD LCD now so maybe it will be different on that. We'll see!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

I don't have any glasses, so will watch without, but I'm recording the episode and will probably pick up a pair of glasses next time I'm shopping. I know there's an 800 number on the NBC/Chuck site that can be called to obtain a free pair of glasses if retail stores are out of them.

A good marketing ploy would be to include a pair of glasses with the purchases of the DVD set.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3300316;

A good marketing ploy would be to include a pair of glasses with the purchases of the DVD set.
    I can see them doing that.
    I presume that it will be okay viewing it without the glasses? Because I don't have any and I'm not setting out on a mission to find some at this time of day...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I love Dom! "I feel like a daffodil" as he passes out He's just too adorable
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

CCL

Anyone watch it in 3D? It was not bad in "regular vision" though sometimes there were some yellow and green highlights (I presume from the 3D technology) that were a bit distracting.

I love Casey more and more.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3301948;
    Anyone watch it in 3D? It was not bad in "regular vision" though sometimes there were some yellow and green highlights (I presume from the 3D technology) that were a bit distracting.

I love Casey more and more.
    I tried to watch with the 3D glasses but it gave me a major headache which is what always happens. I think the red and blue have to work together but I'm nearly blind in my right eye so even with glasses my left eye pretty much does all the work and so I'm really only getting red so I don't think it works right and then hurts my eyes.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

I didn't have glasses and didn't find a problem watching it without. I might pick up some glasses before the DVD comes out, especially if I find that more episodes, from this and/or other shows, may use the 3D format.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dom's performance; this season has had a multitude of great guest stars. I had not known that Jerome Bettis would be guesting and that was so much fun.

CCL, I also love Casey and just rewatched my Firefly/Serenity collection.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched it with the glasses and it was kind of cool... You could definitely see the 3D clearly. Especially background stuff! The depth of the picture was impressive! On stuff that was supposed to jump off at you (like when the female agent threw the knife directly into the camera) the effect was not as impressive, but it was still kinda cool.

I had to turn all the lights out though, any glare at all was distracting. But in the dark, it was enjoyable. I don't think I could just sit and watch TV with those glasses on, I like to do other stuff while I watch a show.

I'm glad Chuck's back too, but I could not find 3D glasses anywhere. Were Chuck's 3D glasses the same ones being sold to promote the 3D commercial shown during the Super Bowl?

I liked this week's show as well. Chuck is definitely getting a lion's share of guest stars and luckily the roles the guest stars portray have been very well done.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread