+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 141 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

I'm way behind on watching my recorded shows...just finished the next-to-last one (Mad Men) today...Now I completely understand why it was called PG-13! Holy Cow! probably the most sexy scene without anyone removing their clothes!
    At first, I couldn't exactly see what Sally saw...so repeated it and stood up close...Holy Cow Again!
    Megan's mom's cheeks actually had that sunken-in look! Wonder what she really was doing while filming this....Nevermind, I don't want to know.
    It was crass but typical of Roger....but I had to wonder why Megan's mom would do that. I'm sure in her mind, she was getting back at her husband and his college student girlfriend but geezeeee......why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm way behind on watching my recorded shows...just finished the next-to-last one (Mad Men) today...Now I completely understand why it was called PG-13! Holy Cow! probably the most sexy scene without anyone removing their clothes!
    At first, I couldn't exactly see what Sally saw...so repeated it and stood up close...Holy Cow Again!
    Megan's mom's cheeks actually had that sunken-in look! Wonder what she really was doing while filming this....Nevermind, I don't want to know.
    It was crass but typical of Roger....but I had to wonder why Megan's mom would do that. I'm sure in her mind, she was getting back at her husband and his college student girlfriend but geezeeee......why?
    I laughed as I read your post. After too many cocktails, I'm afraid I have made some foolish decisions that I would NEVER make sober. IF you know what I mean. This was years ago, of course. LOL Roger isn't that bad looking either. LOL
    J.D. likes this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Wow. Nothing from this week at all? Not a good sign.

I read a review on, I think maybe HuffPo, calling this one of the worst episodes, if not THE worst. I have to agree - I wasn't impressed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Nothing happened, right? I mean I can't remember any plot points except a snowball and the devil.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie View Post
    Nothing happened, right? I mean I can't remember any plot points except a snowball and the devil.
    I'd even forgotten that one.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Glad to read these reviews here....thought it was just me. I used to really love this show but now, I get "nothing." It's not very interesting, I can't understand a lot of it like the elevator shaft, Don's dream of killing that woman, and Peggy is disappointing me recently...she always seemed like someone who was going somewhere and no one was going to stop her but now she just seems so petulant and often subservient. Could be just me and my perception though.
    I used to get excited when I knew I had a new episode to watch...almost like looking forward to a great dessert! Now at the end of watching, I'm just left, thinking, "huh?" and it's definitely not dessert anymore....maybe the vegetable dish.

I think the big thing in the episode, for me, was Sally finding out about who Anna really is. I just wish that it would have caused a huger rift between Don and Megan!

I know, it's not as good as I would like it to be. I'm trying to recall if there have been previous seasons in which I felt it was going no where. I'm not sure.

I did feel like slapping Betty. Her frustration at not being able to cause trouble with Sally, Megan and Don was a joy to see though. She's a real evil woman IMO.

This episode also made me respect and like Megan more. She seemed to know what Betty was trying to do, even when Don didn't. She also is so much more honest and caring with Sally than her mom. Lots of regrets and apologies in this episode.

Can someone help me with this? I didn't record it and can't recall the joke that Roger told in the elevator when the show first started. He made a couple of funny comments, but this one stood out. Can you recall?

I still feel death is lurking this season. There was also mention of it too. I forgot to write down who said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I did feel like slapping Betty. Her frustration at not being able to cause trouble with Sally, Megan and Don was a joy to see though. She's a real evil woman IMO.
    I don't know that I'd call Betty evil. I think she's just unhappy and bored. I mean, she was the one who left Don and found what she thought was a "better" man (it felt more like "Ha! I'll show you, Don!"). Now it's turned out that her marriage isn't all that great and Don seems to have met someone he's really suited for. Her ex is not only happy, but his new wife is young and beautiful and Betty's children like her.

I hope the show gets back to where it was. It fallen pretty far from "The Suitcase."
    canadian_angel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread