+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 128 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Mad Men

I just can't get into it this year either. I usually can't wait for it to come on on Sunday nights. Not any more. I don't like the Megan character, I want my old Don Draper back. I want the firm back. I am liking Roger, tho, he's more likeable when he's having fun. And if it turns into a melodramatic murder/who-done-it....I'll probably stop watching. I can see that anywhere. But, for now, I'm still in.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I also thought the episode was a bit off--kind of mid-season filler. The only thing that freaked me out to the core was that open elevator shaft. I work on the 20th floor of a building with poorly behaving elevators and that is one of my great fears. I don't want to go out like Dr. Drake Ramoray!

I think Pete's despondent, sullen behavior is just that--he's the same whiny, entitled brat he's been since S1E1. I think couple of references to his gun, the cheating, and the pointed suicide line regarding life insurance are all a huge misdirect. Weiner knows fans over-analyze the hell out of this show (guilty as charged) and it's too easy that he offs himself. However, if Trudy finds out about his cheating and there's an open elevator shaft nearby, well, that's a whole other story.

The other thing is I'm kind of tired of them spending so much time on Megan and Don. It's just too much and taking away from time with other characters who are more interesting. I mean, where's Lane these days? What's going on with Joan's domestic situation? Are we ever going to see Jennifer again or only hear about her through Harry? I'd love a whole episode through the POV of Dawn.

Oh, Debb70, re: the weird sound in the office building that made Peggy discovery Dawn sleeping on Don's couch, I think that was just normal empty building sounds and she happened upon Dawn. One can hear a lot of weird noises on an empty office floor even in the cold light of day. I go in Sundays a lot and am alone and can freak myself out.
    J.D. and Debb70 like this.

I'm watching last night's rerun, and just noticed Megan had four different dresses on in that one day. Where she was at work, when Don was getting ready to leave, when she left (to get a "drink"), and then when she got home. It bothered me last night that she changed clothes, but four times in one day? Or am I just being to nit-picky?
    Last edited by J.D.; 05-07-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I loved how Don didn't know what to do with Megan leaving so in typical fashion he turned to Joan... they all turn to Joan!!!. She gave him all the info he needed by saying she'd take care of it and I was so angry with him for not even saying "Thanks, Joan, I sure appreciate it". I mean, gawd, would it have killed him???? It felt very odd that Megan just decided to leave, told them that morning and left that day. Guess there was no "two week's notice" back then, eh? LOL!
    Totally. I've always maintained that if Joan was a man, she'd be running that whole place....more than she already does, that is!
    J.D., Coco46 and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think that Megan did volunteer to train someone for her position, but Don said don't worry, just leave. She wanted to do the right thing.

Thanks for the info on the elevator scene. That is exactly what I saw, but I couldn't believe it. It made no sense. It must have some meaning though. I know you all think I'm crazy, but I'm still waiting for a murder. LOL

Do you recall a few seasons ago when the elderly secretary they hired for Don died in the OFFICE? Man ,she was one funny lady, but her death was hysterical. They were trying to hide her body and ended up pushing her from office to office in a rolling chair. That was the funniest think I have seen on MM.

FORT Fan

I think the thing that drives me most crazy about Megan / Jessica is how she sort of stomps when she walks. Anyone else notice that? It's like she's storming out of a room, but in ever.single.scene. Anyway, I agree with most of you - I don't really care for her and Don's relationship, and they're spending way too much time on it. Send her over the balcony, and let's move on.

Pete's a whiny little brat. Absolutely 0 redeeming qualities there.

LOVE Roger (except for the scene with Megan's mom). & I love his office too

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants View Post
    I think the thing that drives me most crazy about Megan / Jessica is how she sort of stomps when she walks. Anyone else notice that? It's like she's storming out of a room, but in ever.single.scene. Anyway, I agree with most of you - I don't really care for her and Don's relationship, and they're spending way too much time on it. Send her over the balcony, and let's move on.
    Oh my goodness, yes! She always looks petulant!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Oh my goodness, yes! She always looks petulant!
    That's probably why she "get's" Sally so well. Birds of a feather
    canadian_angel likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Last edited by momrek06; 05-08-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you recall a few seasons ago when the elderly secretary they hired for Don died in the OFFICE? Man ,she was one funny lady, but her death was hysterical. They were trying to hide her body and ended up pushing her from office to office in a rolling chair. That was the funniest think I have seen on MM.
    Good old Miss Blankenship. Extra funny in our family because that was my daughter's name when she was married. Funny, she didn't find it as funny as the rest of us did.

+ Reply to Thread