+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

FORT Fanatic

Re: Mad Men

Peggy definately had the baby. They showed the nurse at the end of last season asking her if she didn't want to hold him and then Peggy turning away. She could have given it up for adoption. They showed the sister pregnant(very) while Peggy was in the hospital this season for a reason. There would be no reason to show us her sister was pregnant. There may have been two children at the Moms but I am not sure. I don't think she said goodnight to the child just sort of accidently saw him in a crib when she was leaving one night. Sort of the same accusing eyes as the dog scene imo.

This show has a sort of hide, deny, throw away, your problems except for Betty sort of with her shrink. Don threw away his life got a new one, men throw away their marriages, relationships, the dog, a baby, deny the kids need discipline, deny a husband is cheating, what a decadently selfish era.
    I am hating Don now. Loved Betty in her two piece suit though especially that she was wearing it around the house and cooking in it and stuff. Loved Sally with her accusing eyes in this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3187331;
    Peggy definately had the baby. They showed the nurse at the end of last season asking her if she didn't want to hold him and then Peggy turning away. She could have given it up for adoption. They showed the sister pregnant(very) while Peggy was in the hospital this season for a reason. There would be no reason to show us her sister was pregnant. There may have been two children at the Moms but I am not sure. I don't think she said goodnight to the child just sort of accidently saw him in a crib when she was leaving one night. Sort of the same accusing eyes as the dog scene imo.
    I seem to remember her mother asked Peggy, as she was leaving after dinner, if she was going to say goodnight. That's when she went into the room where the kids were and saw the baby in the crib. After all this debate, I'm going to have to go back and watch the episode again!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

Oh I forgot about that Ididn't connect the two. Maybe that kid toddling around the easter egg hunt is hers? How do they explain it? Where is the sister's husband? Was he the one on the couch with the bad back? Maybe the baby is the hold the mom has over Peggy to get her to come to church and dinner and things like that?

I was wondering about the sister telling the priest that Peggy seduced a married man. I don't think that he was married yet when he was with Peggy. Was he? I'm surprised that the sister (need to get her name) knew as much as she did. Peggy seems pretty tight lipped about things), Also... Good question about the husband, where is he? This show is just going to get better and better as they answer all of out questions. OK, so I've said it before but have to add I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

Peggy and Peter's initial tryst was before he got married, but they had sex again later in his office.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3188754;
    Peggy and Peter's initial tryst was before he got married, but they had sex again later in his office.
    Oh yeah! So what do you think? Does Peter really like Peggy? He seems to but I don't know if he's really able to care for anyone but himself.

I don't know, there are so many layers of psychology here. I think he's getting threatened by her independence, and her sexuality (kind of like the madonna/whore complex mentioned upthread). And I think he's bothered that she's becoming a peer rather than a naive supplicant.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3190577;
    I don't know, there are so many layers of psychology here. I think he's getting threatened by her independence, and her sexuality (kind of like the madonna/whore complex mentioned upthread). And I think he's bothered that she's becoming a peer rather than a naive supplicant.
    I agree! On the other hand, I think that he is getting a little turned on by her new position. He's liking this strong, independent woman thing. The needy, housewife at home is getting on his nerves. Oh! Goody Goody!!!! New show tomorrow!

FORT Fanatic

Last nights threw in a couple of new twists especially the scenes for next week! Who was the woman looking for " Don Draper"?

Jane is a sneaky little wench whoo!

After the scene in the park where Betty just left the trash and Don thew the beer can you watch next Don will be the one responsible for the famous Indian with the tear because of litter commercial!!
    Betty throwing up in Don's new car haha on him!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3192345;
    Last nights threw in a couple of new twists especially the scenes for next week! Who was the woman looking for " Don Draper"?

Jane is a sneaky little wench whoo!

After the scene in the park where Betty just left the trash and Don thew the beer can you watch next Don will be the one responsible for the famous Indian with the tear because of litter commercial!!
    Betty throwing up in Don's new car haha on him!
    Funny how the family goes to the car and leaves Betty to pick up the mess. Nice that the gay guy offered to clean up the kitchen for his wife. Don would never do that. I always thought that the one guy seemed gay and assumed that he wasn't married. I must have missed the one scene shown where his hand touched the other guys while lighting a cig. What happened there? Great show last night but I wanted to see more with Peggy. It doesn't matter because they are all interesting characters. Betty throwing up shocked the hell out of me! I didn't see that coming! Jane is fun to watch! Looks like the red head (don't know her name) may have met her match.

+ Reply to Thread