+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 141 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

FORT Fogey

Re: Mad Men

Did anyone else pick up hints that perhaps Megan has something threatening her health? There was a look she gave when Don said he wanted to be with her forever, and the way she said "that's impossible" when Don said he wanted to get her pregnant made me wonder.

Loved this episode: the men with their lobster bibs on discussing business...funny, Lane getting the best of Pete and doing what everyone has been wanting to do to him (including me), Joan back at the office and handling Lane in her Joan way, Pete's pretentioness (is that a word?) hosting his dinner party, the superman statement....so much more!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

When Lane challenged Pete to a fight, I LOL. That scene was so funny.

I could barely believe that Don kept his zipper zipped. Man, that's pretty impressive. Why is Don so into Megan? We never saw how he was with Betty when they first married, so I'm not sure if it's just the newlywed thing or not. Don says it's because of who Megan is, but I don't know. I just don't see it.

Have you ever seen this happen? I have. Have you ever known a guy who was a real ladies man, handsome, sharp dresser, funny, popular, smart, etc. who dates women who are the same way. But, he never seems happy with any of them. No matter how beautiful, talented, funny or well liked the their girlfriend is, they move on for some reason. Then after years, the guy suddenly marries an average looking girl, with no personality. Go figure. I'm not saying Megan has no personality, but I just don't get why she is so special to Don.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I loved watching Lane put the smack-down on Pete. I completely agree with Joan, everyone wanted to do it. I was totally cheering on Lane through that whole scene!

I'm glad Joan is back at the office, she was missed there, it wasn't the same.

I also don't get the Megan thing with Don. She seems exactly his type for a quick fling, but so not his type for a wife.

Did you notice them discussing the school shooting in Texas? Then they talk about Pete's gun at the dinner party. This on the heels of the nurse killer last week. We also heard that odd noise in the office when Peggy worked late. It couldn't have been that secretary as she was asleep. Recall Don said to his old lover that she would have to get out of there by the stairs or off the balcony. What will happen next? I'm just betting that someone is killed. Why would Weiner do all of this foreshadowing of a murder and then not have one? Hmmmmmm.......

FORT Fogey

Wouldn't Weiner have to mention the shootings, since they were happening in that window of time? The show has always done a great job of reflecting character's reactions to things that were happening in the news during that window of time. I take the mention of shootings as being reflective of what was happening then, and the impact that it had on people.
    J.D. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Wouldn't Weiner have to mention the shootings, since they were happening in that window of time? The show has always done a great job of reflecting character's reactions to things that were happening in the news during that window of time. I take the mention of shootings as being reflective of what was happening then, and the impact that it had on people.
    Yes, that is possible. Maybe I'm just in the mood for a good murder mystery. LOL

I love Mad Men. Such a dark, negative, cold and sometimes, disturbing show...but it's brilliant. All of it: the writing, the perfect music, the acting and doing a fantastic job of keeping it true to the era.
    J.D. and Debb70 like this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did you notice them discussing the school shooting in Texas? Then they talk about Pete's gun at the dinner party. This on the heels of the nurse killer last week. We also heard that odd noise in the office when Peggy worked late. It couldn't have been that secretary as she was asleep. Recall Don said to his old lover that she would have to get out of there by the stairs or off the balcony. What will happen next? I'm just betting that someone is killed. Why would Weiner do all of this foreshadowing of a murder and then not have one? Hmmmmmm.......
    There was only a passing mention of JFK's assassination, too. I hope Weiner isn't so blunt as to turn this into a who-done-it melodrama. I expect more from him...from the inside the firm and the lives of the characters. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd trust Pete with a gun in my house either.

I look forward to Mad Men every week, and definitely set my schedule around my "stories".
    Debb70 likes this.

AMAZING episode! I was transfixed, I didn't want it to end. Great stuff from everyone tonight, even Bert!

Roger on LSD! I laughed really loud at those first effects. And Peggy standing up to the Heinzmeister -- that was cool! And Don & Megan -- finally we get to see the twisted side of things play out in technicolor! Good to know Don's not THAT changed, he's just screwed up in a different way.

I hate having to wait a week for the next one!
    J.D. likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread