+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 141 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

What did the note say that Dawn wrote? I couldn't read it. So glad Joan's husband is out of the picture (I hope). I want her back at the office being the fabulous office Joan! Sally's step-grandmother is one scary lady. Like the new guy.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

I wondered if seeing the baby didn't have an influence on Joan's husband deciding to go back to Vietnam. Maybe he also did the math and figured out that the baby couldn't be his because he was gone. I'm can't decide if he'll be killed when he goes back over there, and his departure was just a chance for Joan to stand up to him, or if he had suspicions about Kevin's father, and that will come into play later.

I guess I'm too practical. I try to think what a woman in Joan's predicament would have done in that time. Wouldn't she first have figured out the best way to get support? IF her husband thought they were still a couple, he would have continued to support her for another year, right? Now, he has no reason to send her any money. I also, don't think child support was enforced the way it is today. If she had played her cards right, she might have gotten some alimony too. I hope she knows what she is doing.

I'm trying to figure out the whole thing with Don. Man, that was crazy stuff. Didn't the girlfriend turn into Megan in the end and it was Megan he was strangling? Is this a preview of things to come? Will Don kill Megan? I've been wondering about Megan jumping off the balcony. Maybe she gets pushed. LOL

That was weird. The 'corpse' didn't look anything like Megan, but I thought it would turn out to be Megan he was strangling and he would wake up in the morning to find out he had killed her. So when she showed up with his OJ in the morning, that blew that theory.

I am now wondering if he didn't really kill the woman and Megan came home to find a body half stashed under the bed and somehow got rid of it herself? Not sure how she could, but the thought crossed my mind.
    J.D. and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    That was weird. The 'corpse' didn't look anything like Megan, but I thought it would turn out to be Megan he was strangling and he would wake up in the morning to find out he had killed her. So when she showed up with his OJ in the morning, that blew that theory.

I am now wondering if he didn't really kill the woman and Megan came home to find a body half stashed under the bed and somehow got rid of it herself? Not sure how she could, but the thought crossed my mind.
    Great idea! I must have been too sleepy last night, because I honestly thought that the girlfriend turned into Megan while he was strangling her. Oh well. Wishful thinking perhaps. LOL

I guess Joan's mom will hang around to keep the baby, now that Joan will be back to work. Roger will certainly help with baby expenses, right?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Roger will certainly help with baby expenses, right?
    I hope he does in his charming, bribing way. Slips the kid a $5 bill so he stops crying, a $10 bill for puking on someone other than him, etc. Peggy got $400 out of him, the secretary got $50 in the first episode, and Harry got $1100 for switching offices. Roger is a human ATM.

Given Don's history of trippy dreams, I knew he was dreaming in the killing scene--the lighting was similar to those flashback dreams he has had in prior seasons. At first I wasn't sure if Madchen Amick's character really didn't stop by the first time, but looking back on it, all of it had to be part of the same dream. All I know is SOMEBODY's going to be going off that balcony since they've referenced it twice.

I'm just so glad that Greg is gone. I don't think Joan really had to worry about who would support her; she knows she has a job, the apartment has been hers since before Greg, and she can either get a sitter or her mom can stick around for child care.
    MFWalkoff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I hope he does in his charming, bribing way. Slips the kid a $5 bill so he stops crying, a $10 bill for puking on someone other than him, etc. Peggy got $400 out of him, the secretary got $50 in the first episode, and Harry got $1100 for switching offices. Roger is a human ATM.
    Totally.

Hallelujah that Joan finally found her backbone. That scene had me cheering!
    J.D. and Coco46 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I know Mad Men is known for continuity, but the last scene with Sally under the couch was a perfect book end to the opening with the pictures/story of the muders.

Love Roger and Peggy's banter. So glad Joan got rid of her "husband". Yuck! Now for her to find confidence with her Mom.

So is it only a matter of time before Don strays?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post

So is it only a matter of time before Don strays?

since he is still Don no matter who he is married to, I would say yes.
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    since he is still Don no matter who he is married to, I would say yes.
    He seems to be trying hard to be faithful, but I agree. It's likely only a matter of time before he strays.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread