+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 141 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

I was thrilled to hear they worked it out.
    Just wish we didn't have to wait so long for new episodes.
    I'm just hoping they stay in the "60's a bit longer and not just jump into the 70's.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I was thrilled to hear they worked it out.
    Just wish we didn't have to wait so long for new episodes.
    I'm just hoping they stay in the "60's a bit longer and not just jump into the 70's.
    Oh, yes!! I almost didn't get enough of the '50's and want more '60's. Don't rush it, producers!!

Finally, some GOOD news about the show. Starting June 27th, all four seasons will be available streaming on Netflix
    Netflix strikes exclusive 'Mad Men' deal The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Oh, yes!! I almost didn't get enough of the '50's and want more '60's. Don't rush it, producers!!
    Yeah don't rush it. I think they should stay in the 60's for a good while. Lots of things to include of interest in history, music, art, culture, politics, etc.
    The 70's were good too, but if they go to fast, the people are going to have to start aging a bit. I can't imagine the women want to do that. LOL

Anyone believe they will ever revisit Peggy's baby issue? Will she ever look for the child?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone believe they will ever revisit Peggy's baby issue? Will she ever look for the child?
    I often wonder that myself. It seemed like it should have some lingering effects, especially with any interaction between Peggy and Pete. I just get the feeling that it's totally forgotten, which would be odd for that time period.

I'm curious as to how they are going to portray Don as a married man on his second wife. Hmmmmm. Will he already be divorced when they resume? LOL

I totally forgot he was getting married! This show has been gone way too long from my screen!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I totally forgot he was getting married! This show has been gone way too long from my screen!

Isn't that the truth! Let's see.

Don had returned from the CA trip with his fiance. In fact the last scene was he and this girl in bed right? I can't recall if it was prewedding or they had already tied the knot.

The company is in deep financial crisis.

Joan is pregnant by her old lover and her husband is a doctor in Vietnam. He believes the baby is his.

Betty is in a miserable marriage or did her husband walk out? I forgot.

How Mad Men may end...

By Matthew Weiner in interview with Lane Brown at

Matthew Weiner on His Beef With Alex Trebek, and How Mad Men Will End - Hollywood Prospectus Blog

When asked if he had an end point in mind for Mad Men's seventh and final season, Weiner answered in the affirmative: "I do know how the whole show ends," he told us. "It came to me in the middle of last season. I always felt like it would be the experience of human life. And human life has a destination. It doesn't mean Don's gonna die. What I'm looking for, and how I hope to end the show, is like It's 2011. Don Draper would be 84 right now. I want to leave the show in a place where you have an idea of what it meant and how it's related to you. It's a very tall order, but I always talk about Abbey Road. What's the song at the end of Abbey Road? It's called 'The End.' There is a culmination of an experience of people working at their highest level. And all I want to do is not wear out the welcome. I was 35 when I wrote the Mad Men pilot, 42 when I got to make it, and I'll be 50 when it goes off the air. So that's what you're gonna get. Do I know everything that's gonna happen? No, I don't. But I just want it to be entertaining, and I want people to remember it fondly and not think it ended in a fart."
    Debb70 likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I read that yesterday and honestly did not think it tells how MM will end. Maybe it's just me though.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread