+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 141 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1403
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

  1. #601
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4082473;
    Okay, you guys seem to know what you're talking about. I believe it. It must be harder than it looks. But still, what are all of those support staff and secretaries doing?

    Trivia. Do you know which firm came up with the slogan for Virginia Slim cigarettes, "You've Come A Long Way Baby." I'm not sure why I still remembered that slogan. I think it's from the 70's.


    Leo Burnett.

    It was a very effective ad campaign back then.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #602
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,870

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4084020;
    [/B]

    Leo Burnett.

    It was a very effective ad campaign back then.
    Okay. I also recall "I'd rather fight than switch." They don't do cigarette slogans anymore do they?

    Did I mention here that I read elsewhere a theory that they are moving the firm to California! Since all has gone so bad in NY, this poster thought it a logical option. They base it on Don's connection to CA and also some little comments that have been made about Disney as related to Disney Land in CA. Do you remember when there was a mouse in the office. Don made some comment about Mickey Mouse and then said, there has to be more than one way out of here. Was there a secret message in there?

    Also, I still haven't figured out the scene with Don at the pool with a child and a woman. Is it in CA. I can hardly wait.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-14-2010 at 03:20 PM.

  3. #603
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4084035;
    Okay. I also recall "I'd rather fight than switch." They don't do cigarette slogans anymore do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4084035;


    Also, I still haven't figured out the scene with Don at the pool with a child and a woman. Is it in CA. I can hardly wait.



    1. Tarryton.

    2. It's in CA - Santa Monica. It was filmed at the condo complex of some friends of my sister's.
    Looks like Don brings Meghan with him. I saw pics posted online and I'm certain it's Meghan.
    We'll see in just a few more days. Can't wait.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  4. #604
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4084035;
    Okay. I also recall "I'd rather fight than switch." They don't do cigarette slogans anymore do they?

    Did I mention here that I read elsewhere a theory that they are moving the firm to California! Since all has gone so bad in NY, this poster thought it a logical option. They base it on Don's connection to CA and also some little comments that have been made about Disney as related to Disney Land in CA. Do you remember when there was a mouse in the office. Don made some comment about Mickey Mouse and then said, there has to be more than one way out of here. Was there a secret message in there?

    Also, I still haven't figured out the scene with Don at the pool with a child and a woman. Is it in CA. I can hardly wait.
    Hmm, interesting theory. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what they meant.

  5. #605
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,870

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4084065;
    [B]


    1. Tarryton.

    2. It's in CA - Santa Monica. It was filmed at the condo complex of some friends of my sister's.
    Looks like Don brings Meghan with him. I saw pics posted online and I'm certain it's Meghan.
    We'll see in just a few more days. Can't wait.

    I recall you posting about it being filmed near some people you know in CA. I just wonder where the location will be as it appears on the show. Will it be Don at a resort, a friend's home, etc. I'm just so curious!

  6. #606
    FORT Fogey Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California Wine Country. Cheers!
    Posts
    1,466

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4084035;
    Did I mention here that I read elsewhere a theory that they are moving the firm to California!
    That was my thought. When Peggy suggested changing the firm's name, I told hubby I thought they should change it up by reinventing themselves on the west coast. Don't know if they'll do it, but it was a good idea if I do say so myself, lol.

    Btw, I just saw John Slattery in a Lincoln commercial (aired on the Food Network). I love his Mad Men character because he gets a lot of the most hilarious lines, but the character is sort of a buffoon. In the commercial, however, I was just noticing what a handsome older man he is!

  7. #607
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4084268;
    That was my thought. When Peggy suggested changing the firm's name, I told hubby I thought they should change it up by reinventing themselves on the west coast. Don't know if they'll do it, but it was a good idea if I do say so myself, lol.

    Btw, I just saw John Slattery in a Lincoln commercial (aired on the Food Network). I love his Mad Men character because he gets a lot of the most hilarious lines, but the character is sort of a buffoon. In the commercial, however, I was just noticing what a handsome older man he is!
    He is definitely good looking but I was surprised that he wasn't as old as I thought he was. He was born in 1962. He was also good when he was in Desparate Housewives but was killed off.

  8. #608
    Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    311

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4084445;
    He is definitely good looking but I was surprised that he wasn't as old as I thought he was. He was born in 1962.
    Right! He's still in his 40s. I was suprised by that as well. Great job to him again this week on directing another great episode.

  9. #609
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,870

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom;4084468;
    Right! He's still in his 40s. I was suprised by that as well. Great job to him again this week on directing another great episode.
    He has that older guy look. I was shocked that he was still in his 40's. I still think he is attractive.

    Jon is just my very favorite. Some men just have that 'thing" that is so striking.

  10. #610
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: Mad Men

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4084445;
    He is definitely good looking but I was surprised that he wasn't as old as I thought he was. He was born in 1962. He was also good when he was in Desparate Housewives but was killed off.
    He's younger than me??? Akkkk....

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.