+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3176412;
    It was Peter Campbell.
    Many thanks.

I guess it's pretty ironic, then, that he can't get pregnant with his wife..... Hard to imagine that Peggy would have spent time with Peter. She seems a lot sharper than that.

It was Peggy's first week on the job and Pete showed up at her apartment,norealityhere. All of that after Joan giving her a big speil about how she was supposed to do what ever her boss asked of her - implying that she was there to service him in anyway he asked. Joan also told Peggy that her predecessor was let go because Don 'didn't take a fancy to her'.
    On her first day on the job Peggy covered Don's hand with her own and gave him what she thought was a come hither look and he shot her right down, letting her know that they were going to have a strictly business relationship.
    In that first episode Joan also sent Peggy to see her OBGYN to get on the pill - I guess no one explained to her that it took time for the pill to take effect.
    After that he treated her like poop on his shoes until they both came to work early one morning. There was a very sexy scene where he shoved his couch in front of the door and they both had their kit off in seconds. The sexy part was when they showed the scene from the POV of the outer office and we see a long, high heeled leg sillhouetted, raised in the air, through the frosted glass of the office.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3177284;
    It was Peggy's first week on the job and Pete showed up at her apartment,norealityhere. All of that after Joan giving her a big speil about how she was supposed to do what ever her boss asked of her - implying that she was there to service him in anyway he asked. Joan also told Peggy that her predecessor was let go because Don 'didn't take a fancy to her'.
    On her first day on the job Peggy covered Don's hand with her own and gave him what she thought was a come hither look and he shot her right down, letting her know that they were going to have a strictly business relationship.
    In that first episode Joan also sent Peggy to see her OBGYN to get on the pill - I guess no one explained to her that it took time for the pill to take effect.
    After that he treated her like poop on his shoes until they both came to work early one morning. There was a very sexy scene where he shoved his couch in front of the door and they both had their kit off in seconds. The sexy part was when they showed the scene from the POV of the outer office and we see a long, high heeled leg sillhouetted, raised in the air, through the frosted glass of the office.

Wow, Duxxy, thanks so much for the explanation. Makes a lot more sense now.

BTW, the editing in the last episode was priceless. They cut from Peter Campbell picking out a girlie magazine for his semen sample ... to Roger Sterling furiously whacking the paddle ball. Hilarious.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3177762;
    BTW, the editing in the last episode was priceless. They cut from Peter Campbell picking out a girlie magazine for his semen sample ... to Roger Sterling furiously whacking the paddle ball. Hilarious.
    That was good!!!

Who is John Galt?

I love this show, and have a huge secret crush on Jon Hamm as Don Draper. He is the quintesssential Alpha male. He is cool but conflicted, has control in nearly aspect of his life, except at home. He is the classic leading man - very masculine, handsome, brooding, and haunted with a dark past. He smokes and drinks too much, yet always seems to be in control. He is turned on and intrigued by bad girls, but married a good girl who doesn't really appeal to him sexually. He adores his kids, but is somewhat afraid of them and keeps them at arms length. All in all, a very complex character and Hamm plays him very well. He doesn't over act or seem to try to hard. He has become Don Draper. The wife is also a very intriguing character. She is coolly beautiful in the manner of Grace Kelly, but plagued by her own personal demons. She doesn't understand her husband, but is very much in love with him. Whoever cast these two actors for those roles did a terrific job and they were both relatively unknown.

Excellent observations. He's completely emotionally unavailable -- just my type in my 20s, 30s, and 40s. Did I mention I'm still single? He's also like a lot of distant, undemonstrative men from that era. Except for the womanziing, my dad was a lot like that.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

John Hamm as Don Draper is the glue that holds this show together. He so epitomizes that 60's era male that it's almost scary. Absolutely love this show.

Don is a bad, bad boy God.........I LOVE this show!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3185368;
    Don is a bad, bad boy God.........I LOVE this show!!!!!!!
    He's a bad boy, but he also has that other side to him - the vulnerable side. I like that they don't show as a one dimensional character. Keeps it interesting.

+ Reply to Thread