+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

FORT Regular

Re: Mad Men

I hated to see Don rip out his journal entries because I wondered if that meant the end of his "soul searching." I guess we'll see. To me, Don's letter was a stroke of genius, albeit a desparate one. What did he have to lose?

In spite of several slip-ups, Don is a man who is making progress in his life.
    He helped his long-lost friend without slipping into the sex or drugs that were offered. He found a way to try to help the company out of trouble. And without much ado and without being asked, he paid Pete's share of the partner's money. Loved that!

I can't imagine how the season finale will wrap, but my Mad Men withdrawl pains are already beginning.....

Thanks for input Hepcat. I thought of another question.

Who was the girl Don ran into who was selling her paintings? She is from a previous season. Is the one from season one that he hung out with in this apt and did drugs all night or was it a different one? I think it was strange that he would go back to her apt. Doesn't he have any common sense?
    I thought that storyline was a waste of time. Was it a foreshadowing of what's it's like to lose everything? And why couldn't the girl use the check? She could have gotten it cashed. What did I miss?

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4081583;
    Who was the girl Don ran into who was selling her paintings? She is from a previous season. Is the one from season one that he hung out with in this apt and did drugs all night or was it a different one? I think it was strange that he would go back to her apt. Doesn't he have any common sense?
    I thought that storyline was a waste of time. Was it a foreshadowing of what's it's like to lose everything? And why couldn't the girl use the check? She could have gotten it cashed. What did I miss?
    Yes, that was Midge from season 1. She didn't want a check because she needed the money right then to get her heroin fix. And yes, I think running into her was a wake up call for Don. Seeing her and her pathetic husband in that state made him realize how easily he could be there too. Notice he was staring at her 'crazy' art just before he wrote that letter to the newspaper.

I like Stan. There, just wanted to say that.

I sure hope the agency can get through this. I think we are going to be left with a big cliffhanger though.

I didn't see all of S1 so I don't know who the Midge character was. Is she a former paramour of Don's? TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4081622;
    I didn't see all of S1 so I don't know who the Midge character was. Is she a former paramour of Don's? TIA
    Yes, she was the original mistress. Well, at least the first one presented to the viewers. She's definitely become a sad shell of herself. She used to be all free loving and happy, and pot was her drug of choice (as well as Don's when he was with her).

Here's my question, as a friend posed it to me and I haven't found the answer:

What was Sally holding in her hand when she threw herself on her bed crying toward the end of the episode? It looked like it could have been a pen, or a disposable razor, or even a toothbrush. Any ideas?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thanks much, Jory's Mom.

MF, I thought it was the toothbrush - symbolic of the conversation she'd had earlier with the Pyschologist.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4081667;
    Here's my question, as a friend posed it to me and I haven't found the answer:

What was Sally holding in her hand when she threw herself on her bed crying toward the end of the episode? It looked like it could have been a pen, or a disposable razor, or even a toothbrush. Any ideas?
    It was the lanyard that Glenn left on Sally's pillow when he trashed the house earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Montanafan;4081751;
    It was the lanyard that Glenn left on Sally's pillow when he trashed the house earlier in the season.
    BINGO! Someone else on another board confirmed this as well. I don't even remember that incident...

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4081583;
    Thanks for input Hepcat. I thought of another question.

Never go to a second location with a hippie - Jack, 30 Rock

I guess it's the same for a beatnik.
    It was really sad to see Midge strung out and married to a guy who was way too willing to trade her for drug money.

Debb70, I don't think drug dealers will take a check. And Midge and her hubbie probably have trouble making it to the bank during business hours.

+ Reply to Thread