+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 141 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Mad Men

Nothing really happened that was unexpected. Lucky Strike is gone, Pete & Trudy finally had their baby, Peggy hooked up with Abe, and Don hooked up with Megan.

The only thing that had me wondering was Ken's future FIL being played by Ray Wise. You don't just bring Ray Wise in as a day player, so he's got to factor in big-time somewhere down the line.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I also noticed Joan wasn't wearing her wedding ring. Do we know why?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

She and Roger were robbed.. they took it in the mugging. He told her after she turned them over.. they are things, we can replace them.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4078590;
    She and Roger were robbed.. they took it in the mugging. He told her after she turned them over.. they are things, we can replace them.
    Oh, that's right....thanks!

Awww, they let Jonathan* go!

(* - the character that the little guy played on Buffy)

Nice twist that Don pulled out of his (or Peggy's) backside to potentially save the company. I can't believe next week is the season finale already. I wonder who will be coming back for season 5?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4077574;
    I loved the episode. Just forgot to post.
    I knew that Don and Meghan would get together. After all, we did see that long look he gave her at the prior week's episode end. I was glad to see Meghan initiated it. After that, I certainly didn't expect him to say No.
    The juxtaposition of women standing by their men last night - Jane with Roger and Faye with Don - was well done, as usual.
    Loved Peggy with the lipstick on her teeth and still winning favor with the client.
    Wonder if we're going to see Roger sink to the lowest level in the upcoming weeks.
    I'm suffering from Ms. Blankenship withdrawal. It was good they brought in the young, short copywriter, once again, for comic relief. But, I would have loved to see Ms. Blankenship's comments about the descent that the agency has taken.
    I noticed that also. Both women were actually posed the very same way. But I must say I was disappointed that Faye gave up her principles to please Don and for Megan to be so easy. Unfortunately for Megan, she didn't even get the chance to play and enjoy the "game" that leads up to the seduction.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4081402;
    Awww, they let Jonathan* go!

(* - the character that the little guy played on Buffy)
    I was sad too! I love Andy Strong! I never realized how short he was until this show. I mean, I didn't think he played college basketball, but he never looked that tiny on Buffy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4081436;
    I was sad too! I love Andy Strong! I never realized how short he was until this show. I mean, I didn't think he played college basketball, but he never looked that tiny on Buffy.
    The rest of the Trio wasn't that tall either, both about 5' 8". Jonathan/Danny is 5-2.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

What did Don rip out of that note pad and throw in the waste basket? Was it his journal entries?

What will Don or Peggy do that will save the company? It has to be saved doesn't it? I think we all operate on that assumption. I mean if the firm folds, then there's no show right? Could there be a show without the firm? It's something to think about.

Did Mr. Cooper really leave the firm? He said he was serious and then he wasn't seen again. I posted a few pages back, asking why he was needed. He doesn't seem to help the firm at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4081539;
    What did Don rip out of that note pad and throw in the waste basket? Was it his journal entries?
    Yes.

What will Don or Peggy do that will save the company? It has to be saved doesn't it? I think we all operate on that assumption. I mean if the firm folds, then there's no show right? Could there be a show without the firm? It's something to think about.
    It's a sinking ship, and this season has been a portrayal of a bumpy startup in a field that has traditionally banked on reputation, connections, and names. Instead of waiting for Accounts to bring in new business - which was shown to spiraling downward - Don "changed the conversation" by painting their loss of clients as a moral choice rather than something that was forced on them.

Did Mr. Cooper really leave the firm? He said he was serious and then he wasn't seen again. I posted a few pages back, asking why he was needed. He doesn't seem to help the firm at all.
    He was crucial to the startup because it wouldn't have happened without his money. All the partners contributed money, but he and Roger invested the most. Neither of them would have taken that step at all, being at a time in their lives where they were content to sell the agency anyway and be forced to retire, but Don talked them into investing in a new startup.

This agency didn't exist a year ago, so it can definitely fold. I think they'll pull out something to get them over this rough patch, though.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread