+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 141 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4070626;
    After the last scene, I feel even more strongly that it's Meghan who's at the pool with Don in the last episode.
    Loved Sally's squeal at being able to see the Beatles live.
    She's just such a phenomenal actress, esp. for 10 years old!
    Seeing the DOD investigate Don for the clearance was extremely true to form.
    I remember when I first got a clearance years ago and found out, from a neighbor, that he'd been questioned about my whereabouts.
    As far as the "black" Palyboy bunny, though, I really questioned that in'65.
    Looked online annd saw that there was a bunny, albeit in Los Angeles. I didn't find any data to show there was one in NY, but perhaps there was.

I agree with MF that I don't think Joanie went forward with the abortion.
    As far as the Lucky strike business being cancelled, I can only hope that we may see the return of Sal. I'm so missing him.
    I'm wondering what Pete is going to pull on Don as far as North American account. I just know that Pete is going to pull something outrageous on Don and not so easily cave in to his needs.
    Another terrific episode, overall.

It's great to focus on the women now,. as that makes it very true to life, esp. with the women's movement really growing.
    However, Don is, and will remain, the star and focus of the show. His acting has been so phenomenal this season. If he doesn't get the Emmy next year, I may organize a protest.
    ITA. Jon Hamm has really demonstated some great acting skills this season.

What was that look he gave Megan at the end of the show? Was he thinking that he should take her with he and Sally to see the Beatles concert?

I LOVED the part about Don taking Sally to see the Beatles. My dad took me to me to see a Beatles movie for the first movie I ever saw. I couldn't follow anything and had no idea what was going on, but I knew it was a great thing! I was so happy. It was the first time I had ever been inside a theatre. The details are hazzy, but I shall always remember the feeling. What great memories.

I'm wondering if Joan went through with it too. I think she didn't. I guess she will raise it as her husband's.

Don seems to feel close to Dr. Miller. Why did he tell her he wanted the night on his own? Too much of a good thing?

FORT Regular

Agree with MF and "norealityhere" that Joan probably didn't have the abortion. This would have been her 3rd (based on her conversation with the doctor) and I wondered while watching if 3 (at least one was very risky) would have prevented her having children at all. In the clinic last night, she looked as if she were seriously worried about the procedure, so I'm going with the negative vote.

Jon Hamm IMO was phenomenal last night. The range of emotions he displayed--wow. Agree totally with the Emmy comment.

Don Draper and his women! He and Betty have the nicest moment of the season; Dr. Faye proves she is his female equal; but in the last shot, he's looking longingly at Megan. Is that simply because she's beautiful and young, or because she's beautiful, young, and good with Sally (even if she doesn't have a PhD)?

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

I'm with you guys...definitely don't think Joan went through with it.

How about Roger's thumbs up when Lucky Strike was mentioned? Oh boy.

And Pete, and his talk with Trudy about lying. Such a bad boy.

I LOVE this show!!!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I really saw no look of worry on Joan's face at the Dr's office. Speculation aside, only time will tell if she went thru with it or not

Jon Hamm has really stepped it up this season. He's got so much more range than I previously gave him credit for. January Jones, however, is still boring boring boring (as Betty as well as in real life) though she has got a phenomenal figure! She makes a better model than actress IMO.

I honestly must say I was quite surprised that Don confessed it all to Dr. Faye. There could've been a ton of different motivations behind that one but only Matt Weiner knows for sure Don's looking longingly at Megan told me just one thing... he misses "uncomplicated".

In the preview next week, when Joan says something along the lines of "we could've done something" makes me wonder if it's related to the loss of Lucky Strike. I was surprised Roger kept that one to himself. I can't imagine what he thinks that he and he alone can do to pull that one out. If he'd fessed up at the Partner's meeting they would, collectively, have 30 days to come up with something. Now, he's kept the information from them, the clock is ticking and when it does become known, it's not gonna bode well for Roger.

I was pretty shocked to see Lane's dad knock him upside his head with that walking stick. WOW! Didn't see that one coming. And then to see Lane wimp out with his dad? Says a lot for why Lane is how he is. It's more than just being British and keeping the stiff upper lip.

I agree with the previous poster wondering what Pete's gonna do. He's definitely got one to hold over Don's head. Should be interesting to see where that one goes.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Roger is very desperate. I have never seen him so upset. I must admit that I wondered if Roger might kill someone over this thing. I know they have never tackled anything like murder on this show, but it would make for an interesting storyline wouldn't it?

FORT Regular

Wonder if this brought on another, fatal heart attack for Roger? Remember when Roger suggested to Joan that she just pretend that the baby was Greg's? This might fly by some people, but Greg is a doctor, and probably can count. If Joan kept the baby and Roger died, would she end up being a single parent?

Really interesting article (and photographs) in LA Times featuring the art work and furnishings used as set decoration in the show.

Set Pieces: 'Mad Men' gets the David Weidman memo | L.A. at Home | Los Angeles Times
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by mize77;4071737;
    Wonder if this brought on another, fatal heart attack for Roger? Remember when Roger suggested to Joan that she just pretend that the baby was Greg's? This might fly by some people, but Greg is a doctor, and probably can count. If Joan kept the baby and Roger died, would she end up being a single parent?
    Greg may be a doctor but he just left and babies are rarely on time. I think he could believe it's his but don't think this will matter because the TPTB seemed to have prepared us for him dying while in the service.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

This had fallen to the second page!

Was everyone just underwhelmed with this episode?

Oh Don, it's so up and down with you this season. You keep disappointing me. Megan, really? At least you are trying to limit the drinking.

So who thought Roger was going to kill himself last night? He's become so pathetic. I think it's sad.

Only two episodes left....so sad.

I loved the episode. Just forgot to post.
    I knew that Don and Meghan would get together. After all, we did see that long look he gave her at the prior week's episode end. I was glad to see Meghan initiated it. After that, I certainly didn't expect him to say No.
    The juxtaposition of women standing by their men last night - Jane with Roger and Faye with Don - was well done, as usual.
    Loved Peggy with the lipstick on her teeth and still winning favor with the client.
    Wonder if we're going to see Roger sink to the lowest level in the upcoming weeks.
    I'm suffering from Ms. Blankenship withdrawal. It was good they brought in the young, short copywriter, once again, for comic relief. But, I would have loved to see Ms. Blankenship's comments about the descent that the agency has taken.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread