+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

I just loved the scene at the end with Joan, Peggy, and Faye in the elevator. Three gorgeous woman (redhead, brunette, and blonde!) with three very heavy hearts at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4065461;
    The only thing I didn't 100% buy is the Joan/Roger hook-up. Under any other circumstances, I might have bought it. However, having recently been robbed (house burglary, not a stick-up) the last thing on my mind was any kind of physical satisfaction beyond perhaps stabbing the asshat who broke in until he gave me my camera memory card back. Getting lusty with anyone was the last emotion I could have felt.
    Exactly - if I was just robbed at gunpoint the only thing on my mind would be getting off that street to safety, not making myself more vulnerable a few feet and just minutes away from the robbery! I did not even think the actress who played Joan believed it either, because she didn't really make the fear-to-kiss transition believable.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4065289;
    the way Sally acted with her father was eerily wifely.
    I thought it was creepy but believable as she wanted to prove useful so he would let her stay with him, not to mention the child of divorce "you and me against the world" routine she was trying to pull off, plus the typical Electra complex stuff. It was so funny when the "Mrs. Butterworth's" turned out to be rum, and Don said it was "not bad."
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-22-2010 at 01:56 AM.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Has anyone seen this Q&A on the AMC site:

Q&A - Kiernan Shipka (Sally Draper) - Mad Men - AMC

It is with Sally Draper, Kiernan Shipka. Now I have always been firm on the stance of no kids in Dramas.. and still feel that way with Mad Men... but I will say this after reading her interview if you will, she is a VERY articulate young lady. I forgot while reading it that she is only 10.

Last weeks Q&A with Mirs B was funny she talks about the big 'death scene'.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Why did they kill off Ms. Blankenship?
    She was one of the most memorable characters on this show and provided that much needed comic relief for MM.
    She also delivered some of the best lines since Roger Sterling.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;4066037;
    I just loved the scene at the end with Joan, Peggy, and Faye in the elevator. Three gorgeous woman (redhead, brunette, and blonde!) with three very heavy hearts at that moment.
    when I looked into that elevator I saw 3 career women, all making their way in the world of men. Brave women trying to break down barriers and succeeding so that I can have it all and not feel guilty. But the 3 have made some very significant choices, all of them involving children. It was a powerful note to end on
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4066572;
    Has anyone seen this Q&A on the AMC site:

Q&A - Kiernan Shipka (Sally Draper) - Mad Men - AMC

It is with Sally Draper, Kiernan Shipka. Now I have always been firm on the stance of no kids in Dramas.. and still feel that way with Mad Men... but I will say this after reading her interview if you will, she is a VERY articulate young lady. I forgot while reading it that she is only 10.
    Last weeks Q&A with Mirs B was funny she talks about the big 'death scene'.
    Thank you for this. Good grief, that child is better spoken than most adults I know! It was good to hear that her parents wouldn't let her watch all of Mad Men, only certain parts. That gives me hope for the adults of tomorrow!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4063193;
    WOW! See, I don't remember that at all! Does this mean that I have to buy the whole series? This does make me want to watch it all from the very beginning! And I HAVE to ad "Why don't I remember this"? Sounds too good to have missed!!!!!!

On another website, I read through some of the recaps of the 1st season. It was the episode where they were doing screen tests for twins, and Joan's roommate's name was Carolyn.

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;4054232;
    hahaha - I could totally see Don doing that to her! However, I don't think it's her, here's a picture of the woman w/o the hat (hope it works)...

Browse images: Jon Hamm Hits The Pool On Set Of Mad Men | Radar Online
    After watching this week's episode, it sure looks like that's Meghan in the pool.

Taking bets on whether or not Joan actually went through with it: I'm betting no.

So, Season 4 has been about building all the women up, and watching the men take a fall.

Will Season 5 be about new upstart agency Olson Ramsay Harris? Mad Women anyone?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

After the last scene, I feel even more strongly that it's Meghan who's at the pool with Don in the last episode.
    Loved Sally's squeal at being able to see the Beatles live.
    She's just such a phenomenal actress, esp. for 10 years old!
    Seeing the DOD investigate Don for the clearance was extremely true to form.
    I remember when I first got a clearance years ago and found out, from a neighbor, that he'd been questioned about my whereabouts.
    As far as the "black" Palyboy bunny, though, I really questioned that in'65.
    Looked online annd saw that there was a bunny, albeit in Los Angeles. I didn't find any data to show there was one in NY, but perhaps there was.

I agree with MF that I don't think Joanie went forward with the abortion.
    As far as the Lucky strike business being cancelled, I can only hope that we may see the return of Sal. I'm so missing him.
    I'm wondering what Pete is going to pull on Don as far as North American account. I just know that Pete is going to pull something outrageous on Don and not so easily cave in to his needs.
    Another terrific episode, overall.

It's great to focus on the women now,. as that makes it very true to life, esp. with the women's movement really growing.
    However, Don is, and will remain, the star and focus of the show. His acting has been so phenomenal this season. If he doesn't get the Emmy next year, I may organize a protest.

+ Reply to Thread