+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 141 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Didn't see S1.

I know that Don is the only 1 who knows about Peggy's baby.
    Does he know, though, that Pete is the father?

TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Don doesn't know who the father of Peggy's baby is. He came close to asking in this last episode when he asked her if she knew who the father was, but didn't push it further when she said of course she knew. Pete knows...last episode of season 2, I think, she dropped that bomb on him.

Outside the office, Peggy's mom and sister know too and I think Fr. Gil knew, but I hold the theory he learned about it in the confessional from either her mom or sister, that's why he never directly confronted her about it. Since Fr. Gil's been out of the picture so long, I'll never be quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4056773;
    I'm assuming I can post this. The discussion is on Open Salon:

The Suitcase: Mad Men, Season 4, Episode 7 (Commentary) - Nelle Engoron - Open Salon
    That was fantastic! Thanks for posting it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4057143;
    Don doesn't know who the father of Peggy's baby is. He came close to asking in this last episode when he asked her if she knew who the father was, but didn't push it further when she said of course she knew. Pete knows...last episode of season 2, I think, she dropped that bomb on him.

Outside the office, Peggy's mom and sister know too and I think Fr. Gil knew, but I hold the theory he learned about it in the confessional from either her mom or sister, that's why he never directly confronted her about it. Since Fr. Gil's been out of the picture so long, I'll never be quite sure.
    I don't think any of them know that Pete is the father. Peggy said on the last episode that her mom and family think that Don is the father since he was the only one who visited her in the hospital.

I watched season two not long ago and I don't recall Peter getting any information about this. He is reacting to being a father in this season like someone who has never had the experience??

I agree with all of you who loved this episode. I am downloading it right now so will get to rewatch soon.

Cootie - Peggy told Pete about the baby in the season 2 finale. She told him that she had gotten pregnant, had the baby and gave it up for adoption. It was after he told Peggy that he should have married her instead of Trudy.

Every commentary/recap/etc. seems to agree that this was one of the best episodes of the series. I have to agree. I can't wait to see what happens next, although I can't imagine how they could top this episode!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4057287;
    Cootie - Peggy told Pete about the baby in the season 2 finale. She told him that she had gotten pregnant, had the baby and gave it up for adoption. It was after he told Peggy that he should have married her instead of Trudy.

Every commentary/recap/etc. seems to agree that this was one of the best episodes of the series. I have to agree. I can't wait to see what happens next, although I can't imagine how they could top this episode!
    Did she really give it up or did she just tell Pete that she did? I remember a scene at her sister's house and a toddler was there. I was always under the impression that her sister was raising the baby as her own. I don't think that anything was ever said about it but I felt that it was implied. Was there something that I missed (wouldn't be the first time) or did any of you think the same thing?

Matthew Weiner has said in at least one interview that Peggy's baby was adopted by strangers. He admitted it was intentional misdirection on his part. Peggy's sister was also pregnant at the time and he admitted they made it look like her may have sister adopted the baby, but that wasn't the case.

I remember watching at the time and wondering if that was Peggy's baby and if that wasn't why she was hesitant to be around the baby. Now I think it was just that it was too painful for her to be around any baby. Even in this last episode she talked about playgrounds bringing things back.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thank you!!!!!!! I've always wondered about it and couldn't understand why nothing else had ever been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4057287;
    Thanks - I am going to have to rewatch that one, because I missed it somehow...that is a pretty important detail to have missed! It changes everything that I have been thinking about Pete and Peggy and how they interact.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4057143;

THanks.
    I knew that she'd told Pete. I didn't know if she had told Don or if he had figured it out.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread