+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3170369;
    Mom used Miracle Whip in everything, including potato salad. She also made American Spaghetti, which was made with tomato soup and Velveeta; tuna-noodle casserole topped with crumbled potato chips; and sauteed hot dogs and onions served over a pile o' mashed potatoes, which, of course were made with Potato Buds. And lots of pineapple upside down cake. You should check out Amy Sedaris' book on entertaining, "I Like You." Lots of great ideas, including a lovely tower of meat. Perfect '60s cuisine.
    Wow, I guess I never realized how lucky I was! We never had Miracle Whip when I was a kid. So, one day I tried it at a friend's house. Boy, I was so grateful then that my mom didn't use Miracle Whip. Really nasty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3170369;
    Mom used Miracle Whip in everything, including potato salad. She also made American Spaghetti, which was made with tomato soup and Velveeta; tuna-noodle casserole topped with crumbled potato chips; and sauteed hot dogs and onions served over a pile o' mashed potatoes, which, of course were made with Potato Buds. And lots of pineapple upside down cake. You should check out Amy Sedaris' book on entertaining, "I Like You." Lots of great ideas, including a lovely tower of meat. Perfect '60s cuisine.
    Funny!!!! I was telling my daughter and her boyfriend about the American Spaghetti tonight! We laughed our heads off. I looked at the "I Like You" article. That was a mighty scary meat tower!!!! Wonder what exciting food will be on tonight's episode?????????? Maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3174984;
    Wow, I guess I never realized how lucky I was! We never had Miracle Whip when I was a kid. So, one day I tried it at a friend's house. Boy, I was so grateful then that my mom didn't use Miracle Whip. Really nasty stuff.
    You were lucky! I remember having a tuna sandwich at my neighbor's house and it was so good! My mom told me that there wasn't a difference! I was the one that noticed that their mayo was Best Foods. I made my mom go and buy it! Life was much better after that! P.S. LOVE your cat doing pushups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3175232;
    Funny!!!! I was telling my daughter and her boyfriend about the American Spaghetti tonight! We laughed our heads off. I looked at the "I Like You" article. That was a mighty scary meat tower!!!! Wonder what exciting food will be on tonight's episode?????????? Maybe!
    Oh don't get me started on fried Spam steaks ... with canned green beans and Potato Buds.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3175356;
    Oh don't get me started on fried Spam steaks ... with canned green beans and Potato Buds.
    You're too funny! Thank God ! I've never had Spam! I think that you should write a book or maybe send some suggestions in to the Mad Men writers.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3175233;
    You were lucky! I remember having a tuna sandwich at my neighbor's house and it was so good! My mom told me that there wasn't a difference! I was the one that noticed that their mayo was Best Foods. I made my mom go and buy it! Life was much better after that! P.S. LOVE your cat doing pushups!!!

Too funny. BTW, I keep trying to train my cat to do the pushups, but he keeps resisting.

I just started watching Mad Men this season - I think I've seen 3 episodes. Is there anyone out there who's watched since the beginning?
    Who was the father of the baby that Peggy aborted? Was it Don?

Thanks, in advance.

It was Peter Campbell.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

OK, so, now I'm wondering if the baby that we saw (the one that Peggy held in church) is her baby. I assumed that it was but her sister was pregnant (when Peggy was in the hospital) so maybe it is the sister's baby. Maybe Peggy did something to her baby or something happened to it. Is this show THE best or what? I was glued to the TV last night and watched it twice!!!!!!! Great when Peggy called him Don. Love it, Love it, Love it

FORT Fanatic

I am thinking now that Peggy must have given up the baby because they made a point of showing the sister pregnant. That was a intentional revelation. Surely this will come to some intersection with Pete Campbell's wife not being able to get pregnant.

I was struck with a wierd thought last night at how easy it was to be bad back then at least lie anyway. There was no caller ID so you could say you were anywhere and no cell phones to be tracked down. The minimal penalty for the DUI all of that. The huge difference in clothing was fun to see too there were house clothes things you could wash and dry cleaning all the nice things and work clothes. Loved the refrence to 2.00 worth of gas being a lot since she probably filled the tank!

Lord, I want Don to get a simple STD too! I hope it was a knife in his heart when Betty said because we love him!
    Was he really there with Peggy in the hospital? I think so, and I love that they both have a lets forget it secret that they know about eachother too.

+ Reply to Thread