+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Fantastic episode! When Don held Peggy's hand, at the end, I got chills. This show is just fantastic! I am glued to my seat from start to finish! I LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4055834;
    If Hamm & Moss don't win Best Actor & Actress respectively next year, the Emmy judges are smoking more crack that the Project Runway judges are. That was a phenomenal episode; it almost felt like a Mamet play but with more realistic dialog...and more humor, because the bit about Blankenship being a hell cat and Cooper not having testicles was a great moment of levity. The two points that really made me bump this episode to the list of time greats were Peggy crying in the bathroom and Don putting her hand over hers at the end. Total call back to S1Ep1, but in a completely different context...and a great gift for long time obsessive viewers like myself.

The only negative thing I have to say--and that's not to say it can't eventually be corrected--is the introduction of the 3 new creative guys. Peggy's assistant, the new art director (the nudist), and Jane's cousin feel like they could be one guy, and the sum total of that one guy is far less interesting than Paul Kinsey.
    Great post! I agree with everything you said.

I was so amazed with the episode, I watched it twice back to back!

Question. Why does Don still own the CA house? Wouldn't it have made sense for him to have signed it over to Anna when they got divorced? Maybe that was left that way to give Don a reason to return to CA.

Maybe after the fight with Duck, Don will realize that he is turning into Duck.
    It should have been a wake up call. Could he fall any lower?
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;4056098;
    Maybe after the fight with Duck, Don will realize that he is turning into Duck.
    It should have been a wake up call. Could he fall any lower?

Maybe Don hit his lowest and is now on the way back up. Remember when Peggy walked to his office the next morning and Don was sitting there looking refresed and sober with clean clothes? He then said leave the door open. He used to keep it closed. REcall his secretary had said he kept it closed and slept in there. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf. That's interesting considering that alcoholism is more complicated than just turning over a new leaf.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Don's secretary is the mom from Karate Kid. I love it!!!

Great episode. It's been such a roller coaster with Don this season. I hope he's on the upswing from here on out. Love the respect between he and Peggy.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom;4056160;
    Don's secretary is the mom from Karate Kid. I love it!!!

Great episode. It's been such a roller coaster with Don this season. I hope he's on the upswing from here on out. Love the respect between he and Peggy.
    Don has so much in his life.. but what he needs now that Anna is gone is a friend. I want to see them grow this between the 2 of them.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4055834;
    it almost felt like a Mamet play but with more realistic dialog...and more humor
    fellow theater geek.

I was thinking the same thing, that the episode would make a great stage play.

Salon has a great discussion going on about the symbolism of the suitcase (baggage), and how Don's friend's death was the same day as Peggy's birthday -- sort of a metaphorical shift toward Peggy being Don's support person. I don't know how much the writers intended, and how much we read into things, but it's a fascinating discussion.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4056484;
    fellow theater geek.

I was thinking the same thing, that the episode would make a great stage play.

Salon has a great discussion going on about the symbolism of the suitcase (baggage), and how Don's friend's death was the same day as Peggy's birthday -- sort of a metaphorical shift toward Peggy being Don's support person. I don't know how much the writers intended, and how much we read into things, but it's a fascinating discussion.

Where can I find this?

I wondered if they planned the episode for Samsonite luggage on the particular episode that Anna is seen as a spirit leaving this earth by Don. She is carrying a suitcase. Hmmmm.

I'm assuming I can post this. The discussion is on Open Salon:

The Suitcase: Mad Men, Season 4, Episode 7 (Commentary) - Nelle Engoron - Open Salon
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread