+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 141 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Is anyone concerned that Don and his group could get into legal trouble with how they left their prior company. As the episode ends, Don is giving all these juicy details about how they took off and started their own firm. It didn't seem too legal to me last season when they did it, and it seems even more suspect now. Perhaps they didn't have all of the federal regulations regarding corporate entities like they do now.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Last night's episode was so dark. The firm is in financial trouble, Don's drinking is clearly out of hand (more so than ever before), Peggy lies to her boyfriend about her experience with men, and that creepy Glen kid is back, creepier than ever. That could be said for Lee Garner, Jr. too. I was glad Freddy came back; I wondered if he would when I was watching some of the Season 2 marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4019994;
    Last night's episode was so dark. The firm is in financial trouble, Don's drinking is clearly out of hand (more so than ever before), Peggy lies to her boyfriend about her experience with men, and that creepy Glen kid is back, creepier than ever. That could be said for Lee Garner, Jr. too. I was glad Freddy came back; I wondered if he would when I was watching some of the Season 2 marathon.
    And I was complaining about Henry being a creepy character last episode, but he doesn't hold a candle to Glen. What is it about Betty that attracts such nutters?

I just want to protect Sally & Bobby from all the crap they are going to experience as children of divorce, especially in the 60's.

Glen is so creepy and extremely misguided. He's that kid that psych textbooks are made of! I really didn't like the lucky strike (I think that was the brand) client and his not so subtle control over the firm.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Happy Mad Men day, everyone!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Don is spiraling further and further down into alcoholism. How many times have we seen him refuse something to eat in favor of more booze?

I was shocked that a doctor could keep a cancer diagnosis from a grown woman. That's just so wrong, it hurts my heart to think of it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4030434;
    Don is spiraling further and further down into alcoholism. How many times have we seen him refuse something to eat in favor of more booze?

I was shocked that a doctor could keep a cancer diagnosis from a grown woman. That's just so wrong, it hurts my heart to think of it.
    I think the woman knows the truth about her condition. She just pretends not to know to make it easier on everybody. That's my take on it. Was pot even illegal back then? I thought it used to legal. Maybe that was LSD.

Don is really turning me off. If fact most of the west coast storyline was not very good IMO. The writing for this show used to be so creative and unpredictible. What has happened? The minute the niece walked into the room, you saw where it was going. I don't like that. I really hope they do something different. IMO they have turned Don into a bore. I had a dream about him last night, but he was so boring that I walked out on him!!!! Now that's a shocker. LOL (I'm not kidding.)

I liked the storyline with the British guy. I hope Don doesen't rub off on him though. LOL

I also was perplexed with the Joan storyline. Joan is my hero, yet she falls apart and runs into her boss' office and throws the flowers onto the floor. Why? That was very unjoan like IMO. Joan would have put her mind to work and behind the scenes fixed it so they would insist she take the days off she needs. She is too clever to resort to drama. What a disappointment.

What was the symbolism of Don painting the wall? I'm not sure about that yet.

Debb70, I'm with you.

The writing is, IMO, going downhill. It's not compelling like it had been in prior seasons. The "empathy' factor is gone. Weiner needs to bring back some of the female writers he had before. I'm not sexist, but they sure added some nuance to the adolescent w*t dre*m writing that Weiner seems to favor.
    At least, this episode was a bit better than the other 2, but that's still not saying that much for me, especially since this had been my favorite TV show.

I had started watching this show in S2. I finally got to see a few S1 episodes just before S4 began. I didn't see all of them, however. So, I'm not that clear on who Anna is. Was she Don's wife when he was Dick?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4030972;
    Debb70, I'm with you.

The writing is, IMO, going downhill. It's not compelling like it had been in prior seasons. The "empathy' factor is gone. Weiner needs to bring back some of the female writers he had before. I'm not sexist, but they sure added some nuance to the adolescent w*t dre*m writing that Weiner seems to favor.
    At least, this episode was a bit better than the other 2, but that's still not saying that much for me, especially since this had been my favorite TV show.

I had started watching this show in S2. I finally got to see a few S1 episodes just before S4 began. I didn't see all of them, however. So, I'm not that clear on who Anna is. Was she Don's wife when he was Dick?

Yes. She came looking for Don after he took over her husband's identity. The two of them made fast friends and really cared about each other. She didn't turn him but went along with it. She agreed to give im a divorce when he fell for Betty and wanted to get married. Even though Don (the real Dick) had never married Anna, he still had to get the divorce because Don was still married to her.

Another thing that confused me last night was that Don told Anna that he never told Betty the truth about himself. I thought he had the night she found the box with all his momentos and photos inside. Was he lying to Anna or did I get it wrong?

Yes, the writing needs to pick up. To take a handsome, strong, sexy, man like Jon Hamm and make him so boring that women are turned off by him is WRONG. Don't they understand that? Why would they shoot themself in the foot that way?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4031002;

Another thing that confused me last night was that Don told Anna that he never told Betty the truth about himself. I thought he had the night she found the box with all his momentos and photos inside. Was he lying to Anna or did I get it wrong?
    I took the comment "thats why i never told her" to mean that he never told her in the beginning. He told her everything in the end, but as he said to Anna, she ended up doing just what he tought she would.. (thats why I never told her) and leaving him.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread