+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 141 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3999322;
    My daughter just sent me a link to a blog about the first episode. I am not sure if I should post it here, pm me if you want the link. My anticipation for the first episode is high! It looks to be a good start to Season 4.
    I guess the NY Times spoiled a lot of this coming season.. much to the shows dismay. That notwithstanding, i am still excited!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3999322;
    My daughter just sent me a link to a blog about the first episode. I am not sure if I should post it here, pm me if you want the link. My anticipation for the first episode is high! It looks to be a good start to Season 4.
    You're welcome to post the link here, but if the article is loaded with spoilers, just give a warning

ETA: I'm going to do my best to stay away from those NYT spoilers!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The blog my daughter sent to me was Tom & Lorenzo, a review of Project Runway and other shows, focusing on fashion and pop culture. Here is a paragraph from their latest article. They explain that they don't think there are spoilers, but some of you might disagree, so consider yourself warned! I live on the west coast and without a doubt I will be looking for your impressions of the show well in advance of 10 PM PDT! Thanks in advance.

We DID get to see the screener for the premiere episode and since AMC doesn't give out screeners just out of the kindness of their hearts, we figured we'd do them a solid and tantalize you with some tidbits and a general review. This is a spoiler-free post for the most part, but if you don't want to know anything about, say, what year it is or whether or not the Draper divorce went through, then you probably shouldn't read any further. We'll talk about the new status quo without giving out too many details.
    The article can be found here

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3998350;
    I absolutely LOVE Don Draper but am not a fan of Jon Hamm. For some reason I have not cared for anything else I've seen him in and that includes being "himself" on Saturday Night Live.
    I adore Jon Hamm AND Don Draper. It feels like I have two boyfriends.

Oh, and regarding Betty's smug/cold comments toward her kids - I'd swear they took the words right out of my mom's script. A lot of the situations in that house and the relationships of the players are on the mark - regarding my family/lifestyle.

Can't wait 'til the show starts tonight! It's been way too long.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Wow! What a season opener! I know it's not aired on the west coast so I'll refrain from too spoiler-y stuff, but I loved it. I hope we get to see more of Henry's mother, because she sees it as is is (at least with the kids). Coincidentally, I'm marathoning True Blood (got 2 eps of season 2 to go) and I was surprised to see the reverend's wife as Don's blind date.

My only problem with it (and maybe there will be more later, but I literally was mixing Old Fashioneds tonight in celebration) was that Don didn't see the import of the Ad Age interview.

So that's where I'd seen that actress!

I'm on the West coast but HBO runs the east coast feed for us at 7:00. I can't believe how much the feel of tonight's show was different. The clothes, the lighting, the demeanor of everyone - they really did a great job of changing up the show. You really get a feeling that we're going to see something fantastic this season, like the previous three were the prelude and now the story really begins.

Anyone notice that Betty redecorated the house from top to bottom? No more plaid wall paper. Ugh, she was a cold witch this episode. I try to cut Betty slack because I know she's this transitional character who was raised to be the educated, lovely, perfect wife of an important man who finally made a break away from her prescribed role. But I just can't warm up to her. I can't believe she tried to force feed Sally.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I was so happy to see Anna Camp! I love her. She also plays Pam's sister on The Office and she was the ditsy judge at sectionals on Glee. I'm so happy to see her getting work, especially on good shows.

I'm still watching the episode, but I suspect the reason Don had such trouble talking about himself in that interview is that he doesn't know who he is.

I'm so happy this show is back!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was a little confused with the show last night. I think I need to rewatch it. Often there are loads of little details, comments, etc., that I almost missed and as it turns out they were very important for later plot development.

I thought the idea by Pete and Peggy with the call girls being hired to fight was rather silly. It seemed far below their potential. Is that the best the writers could come up with for the season's opening show? Mmmmmm.

Do you recall the one-legged man? Was he the same guy from seasons past who was going to be a big wheel with this corporation and then he lost his leg. The company said he was damaged goods and sent him on his way. Was this him? Why all the smart remarks from Roger and Don about his handicap? Man they are some mean guys. Still love Don though.

Has Don always wanted to be spanked in bed or is this recent? I don't recall seeing anything about it with his previous girlfriends.

Where was the baby? Did Don take the baby for visitation too? I missed a few minutes and must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4005306;
    Do you recall the one-legged man? Was he the same guy from seasons past who was going to be a big wheel with this corporation and then he lost his leg. The company said he was damaged goods and sent him on his way. Was this him? Why all the smart remarks from Roger and Don about his handicap? Man they are some mean guys. Still love Don though.
    He only lost his foot, not his leg. Totally different guy.

Like with every episode of MM, I'm going to have to watch it at least one more time before I can really comment on the show.

I thought the idea by Pete and Peggy with the call girls being hired to fight was rather silly. It seemed far below their potential. Is that the best the writers could come up with for the season's opening show? Mmmmmm.
    This is a part of the show I am a little fuzzy on, too. I am going to rewatch today.

The important connection I got from the interview was that the man missing a leg was in the same war(Korean) that Don was. Perhaps he knew the original Don Draper.

Has Don always wanted to be spanked in bed or is this recent? I don't recall seeing anything about it with his previous girlfriends.
    This one is new to me, I think it was a bit of shock factor to grab our attention????

Where was the baby? Did Don take the baby for visitation too? I missed a few minutes and must have missed it.
    The baby was with Carla since Betty and her new hubby had planned to go out. I don't think Don had planned to take the baby, but he clearly wanted to see him.

+ Reply to Thread