+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 141 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

I'm getting so exited! I can't wait for Mad Men! I get Time Warner Cable. I hope AMC is not in danger with them.

Debb, I'm with TWC, too.
    They sent out a letter last year saying they were going to cut it off from those who were Analog Cable. They've alyready taken a lot of programming away from us - like Sundance, Oxygen, TCM, etc.
    They did not take away AMC, though. They decided not to at the last minute. And, fortunately, there is no plan to do so in the near future.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Season 3 is on Comcast's On Demand program right now, and I've re-watched a few of the episodes. One thing I have forgotten about the season finale: Don is seen going into a brownstone at the end of the show. Does anyone know whose place that was?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Great montage of all the best--and worst--"pick up" lines from Mad Men.

MAD MEN: Best Pick Up Lines Mashup VIDEO
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3980591;
    Season 3 is on Comcast's On Demand program right now, and I've re-watched a few of the episodes. One thing I have forgotten about the season finale: Don is seen going into a brownstone at the end of the show. Does anyone know whose place that was?
    I believe it was the furnished apartment he asked Joan to get for him.

I just finished rewatching S3 last night with commentary tracks. Sunday night cannot get here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3991849;
    I believe it was the furnished apartment he asked Joan to get for him.

I just finished rewatching S3 last night with commentary tracks. Sunday night cannot get here fast enough.
    I just finished watching all three seasons myself - I subscribed to Mad Men on itunes so that I can rewatch (no DVR here!). I am not going anywhere on Sunday night!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3991939;
    I just finished watching all three seasons myself - I subscribed to Mad Men on itunes so that I can rewatch (no DVR here!). I am not going anywhere on Sunday night!
    Who's your favorite character? I LOVE Don, but also like Peggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3993093;
    Who's your favorite character? I LOVE Don, but also like Peggy.
    I think Joan is my favorite, but Peggy is pretty fascinating as well. The mystery that surrounds Don is compelling, but he is such a scoundrel that I have a hard time with his choices... makes for fun viewing! All of the female characters are interesting to me for various reasons. I was a young girl in the early 1960's so much of the appeal is in the way that they portray the era. Their clothes remind me of some that I dressed my Barbie doll in, the smoking reminds me of the ashtrays everyone had in their homes, smoking in all public places, etc. and the ads remind me of reading Life magazine and other media - early television included. My daughter and I enjoy this show together - it is funny how I can come up with things to share about the era with her after watching the show - things I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

The show gets a lot of stuff right.
    I remember last season when both kids asked Betty what to do as they were bored. She told them to bang their head against the wall.
    I totally remember my sister and I being little kids and having my Mom tell us the same exact thing.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3995000;
    The show gets a lot of stuff right.
    I remember last season when both kids asked Betty what to do as they were bored. She told them to bang their head against the wall.
    I totally remember my sister and I being little kids and having my Mom tell us the same exact thing.
    That's funny. I grew up in the 60's but I never heard that before.

I do know that many of the events they portray are accurate such as that plane crash that effected one of the airlines they were representing. Also, that very rich guy who Don met at the country club and ended up bringing in as client, was a real person. I can't recall his name. I think they are pretty good with those details.

OH! The character SAL was on The View yesterday! He didn't confirm he was returning, but he said that he wouldn't rule it out and that you should watch the show! It sounds promising. I really liked his character. Remember he was fired because he shunned the sexual advances of a client.

+ Reply to Thread