+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 141 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3746595;
    JH should get the Emmy next year. THat scene in the bedroom showed nuance, restraint and exceptional acting. So much better than most of the over the top performances that always seem to get the nod.

JD, I just realized your AV was of JH. Wow, he looks so different! Where'd you find it?
    Wow, the bedroom scene was chilling. Don was so believable. As was Betty.

I don't own any tv series' on dvd, and this show is the the only one I'd consider buying. Yes, it's that good.

Oh, and the picture in my av - yeah....I took that one Sunday morning while we were hanging out in the loft doing the NY Times crossword. It's tough having such a handsome boyfriend. (Poor Kid Rock just couldn't hang with the competition. )
    Last edited by J.D.; 11-10-2009 at 02:53 AM.

FORT Fogey

ITA, best show on TV since The Sopranos (and Rome....and Deadwood), and I'm addicted. We've been watching S1 and now S2 on DVD since my DH just became interested in the show. He decided not to watch S3 while catching up on the previous seasons. After the finale I told him he'll be sorry he didn't watch this season with me when he finds out what happened in the finale!

I finally got around to watching it last night. Did Betty just leave her two grown children with the housekeeper to go off to Reno to live for 6 months?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3747077;
    I finally got around to watching it last night. Did Betty just leave her two grown children with the housekeeper to go off to Reno to live for 6 months?
    I think they said 6 weeks, which is bad enough. She and Don are so involved in their own feelings that there's no one left to worry about the kids, except maybe the housekeeper.

Thanks Duckyface. I was so sleepy while watching the show but couldn't get that image out of my head of the two older children sitting there watching tv with the housekeeper.
    Yup, with donuts!!

There was a book that Burt Cooper mentioned a couple times this season, and I wondered how that would play into the show. Now I see how with those who started their own company, but ultimately losing all decisions regarding it, would end up leaving this company to start over and form their own afresh. I kept waiting to see how it would all play out. Very nicely done!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3746940;
    Wow, the bedroom scene was chilling. Don was so believable. As was Betty.

I don't own any tv series' on dvd, and this show is the the only one I'd consider buying. Yes, it's that good.

Oh, and the picture in my av - yeah....I took that one Sunday morning while we were hanging out in the loft doing the NY Times crossword. It's tough having such a handsome boyfriend. (Poor Kid Rock just couldn't hang with the competition. )

Touche!
    I wondered how Kid Rock felt about this!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I find all the different opinions and "takes" to be fascinating on this board!
    I love Don Draper... not a fan of JH otherwise but I do think he's done a fabulous job with the character of Don Draper.

I don't find anything "great" about JJ except she is gorgeous with a fantastic figure. I don't think she is a good actress... sorry.

Peggy saying "no" about getting the coffee was fantastic.

There's no reason for Betty and Henry to go to Reno... Don has said he won't fight anything and I don't believe for one second that Betty left the kids with Carla for six weeks.

The new company (Sterling, Cooper, Draper & Pryce) has so many possibilities - lots to look forward to in the next season Bringing Joan back was absolutely perfect. Of course she knew where everything was, what it meant and how to move forward. She's the smartest person in that group for certain!

The season finale brought quite a bit of "closure" (temporarily) to many story lines and opened up new directions for others. Bravo MW!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Actually, they did have to go to Reno.
    They could only get a divorce in NY state if they could not prove adultery. Betty had told the attorney in the scene with Henry that she could not prove that.
    Reno, on the other hand, would grant a divorce if you maintained residency for 6 weeks - her only option.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3747118;
    She and Don are so involved in their own feelings that there's no one left to worry about the kids, except maybe the housekeeper.
    Is fiction stranger than truth? Thinking "Don & Betty + 3"

+ Reply to Thread