+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 141 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

The only reference to the show that I found on the OC Register's site (a pathetic source for news on the whole) is a review by a clearly delusional critic who thinks the show has slipped this season. Obviously, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I highly doubt the show has been canceled and if it had been, I'm sure it would be all over the news. Since this is AMC's first big hit and it's getting so much critical attention, they'd be complete fools to cancel it. The only reason I could even imagine that would cause them to even consider it is production costs. I'm sure it costs nowhere as much as Rome did and that show was canceled for cost - it was the most expensive show on TV at the time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

First, after the finale aired, AMC promo'd Mad Men Season 4 for the summer of 2010. So there's no cancellation.

Second....OMG! The best finale ever in my book. I just wish Sal had been there. *zips mouth* I won't say any more until it airs on the west coast.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Yeah, I'm thinking if AMC canceled the show, it would be nabbed up in the blink of an eye. It's not going anywhere for now. (Not a spoiler - but tonight's show is more like a premier than an ending.)

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

tonight's show is more like a premier than an ending
    Great way to look at it! WOW!!! I was surprised by a few who were left behind though.

I feel better now! I'll assume that it was just my mom getting something wrong! The show tonight was great and I can't wait for the next season. Do we have to wait a year?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Probably at least a year. I think it was like 16 months between seasons 2 and 3. (I didn't check the math....but I know it was over a year....and it was painful.)

Part of that was because of the writer's strike, I think. It should premiere around the same time next year that it did this year.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Awesome episode! The only bad thing about it is that it was SO good that I'm going to go through major withdrawals waiting for season 4.

I was actually giddy seeing the new agency being formed. When Don and Peggy walked into the office together and everyone else was there...well, that was my favorite moment. My other favorite moment was just knowing that Roger was going to call Joan because, really, who else knows more about that office than Joan? The whole thing was a little Andy Hardy - "Hey let's put on a musical everybody!" but that's sort of what I liked about it. It sort of does feel like a premiere of sorts.

I'd been feeling this season like there were just too many characters. Looks like that problem might be solved! I would be sad to never see Sal again though. I hope he'll be back next season because I'd like to see his storyline explored some more. Don's apology to Peggy was perfect. I was glad she didn't just cave right away AND that he finally seems to have realized that she's an actual person and not just, as he said, an extension of himself.

As for Betty....meh. As much as I like January Jones, I can take or leave Betty. I'm sure Prince Charming will turn into a frog soon enough. Were they headed off to Reno with the baby to live? Didn't the attorney say they needed to be there for six weeks in order for her to get the divorce? Was she planning on leaving the kids with the housekeeper all that time? Whatever Don's flaws are (and there are many), I actually think he might be a better custodial parent - he's an adult. Plus, he knows what it's like to grow up in a chaotic home and doesn't seem to want that for his children.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't have all the love the rest of the world does for this show but I watch it. I was surprised the finale didn't leave any cliffhangers (except where's Sal & what becomes of those other interchangeable characters whose names and personalities I can't remember or distinguish).

The best part, for me, about the finale was that it was primarily about the business plus or minus the Draper family soap opera.

I'll certainly survive until or with or without Season 4.

FORT Fogey

What a satisfying finale! I loved everything about the birth of Sterling, Cooper, Draper, and Pryce. And will not miss the Don/Betty drama. Don beaming at his new "family" at the end, the band of rebels reinventing themselves -- loved it!

I hope the focus next season will be on the evolution of the new company, less on Don/Betty or Don and his chick du jour. His phone call to Betty, telling her he wouldn't fight her and wishing her well, his admission to Pete and Peggy that he needed them, bodes well for a more insightful Don next season. The loss of what he thought he wanted personally(Betty/kids), the achievement of his professional goal (independence) are life-changing events that will effect how he sees the world. I can hardly wait to see how MW handles this transition in S4. Plus, the promise of more Joan, Roger, and Peggy! Is it 2010 yet??

+ Reply to Thread