+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 141 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3707295;
    Okay, I'm not going to spoil it for the west coasters (maybe more comments tomorrow) but I never, ever expected to see a cross-over between Mad Men and a The Soup intro to the Clip of the Week. I have never laughed so hard while Mad Men!
    Me too! Roger joking about the guy just getting his foot in the door =

Surely they'll work it out so that Joan will be back at Sterling Cooper. She's one of my favorite characters. She's so smart and capable. She was the only person who really took charge of that situation with the accident. If she was a man, she'd be running the place.

Anyone else worried about what Sally might do to the baby?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That was kind of over the top but I was so shocked I couldn't help laughing even during the pure gore moments. That's one way to change up the org chart! It's so funny that it was that one secretary who is always ruining things, of course. "The doctor says he'll...never golf again."

About Joan, she's such a good chess player kind of thinker, she's probably already a few steps ahead and will parlay the days events into them thinking they need her back so that she doesn't have to tell anyone that she really NEEDS the job back. That's what I'd like to see, anyway.

I hadn't thought about Sally being a danger to the baby, but I definitely pick up the post partum depression vibe about Betty. It's really painful to watch the scenes between Sally and Betty. Hiding the Barbie doll, dismissing her as "she's a child, she'll get over it" - she definitely hasn't realized that Sally has matured beyond being pacified by a doll or being told to watch TV after her grandfather died.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Kao

Looks like Joan is better than her husband is at a lot of things. Roger is a prick, but hubby to be...isn't exactly a nice guy.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3707367;
    Me too! Roger joking about the guy just getting his foot in the door =

Surely they'll work it out so that Joan will be back at Sterling Cooper. She's one of my favorite characters. She's so smart and capable. She was the only person who really took charge of that situation with the accident. If she was a man, she'd be running the place.
    Oh....how did I not get that!

Betty telling her son, "Go bang your head against the wall."
    If only I had a $1.00 for how many times my Mom said that to us when we complained about being bored / having nothing to do.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Did anyone check out the dress January Jones wore to the Emmy's last night? WOW! She looked gorgeous... albeit uncomfortable (she kept fidgeting with the waist)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

OMg I just finished watching and I laughed my ass off! The un-PC jokes were hysterical!
    Roger being left off the heirarchy list was no oversight, I'd be pissed too. Joan strikes me as a girl who has always had to get by on her wits (not her wits alone though - not with that hourglass figure in the 60's) she'll come out of this, the husband was a really poor choice but all she seemed to care about was that he was still a doctor, and really if he's not going to be a good husband he best be retaining his standing as doctor!

John Hamm, that big hunk of handsome man looked SO sexy holding that itty bitty baby in his arms. I think Sally will be get better now, she's not only jealous of the new baby she's scared to death that he is the embodiment of her dead grandpa and no one has taken the time to explain or comfort her, she's reeling. Now that Don has taken some time and hopefully put some of her fears to rest she'll be more accepting of the baby I can see mother hen written all over her.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The second time through the episode, I noticed so much more. Don's weird look at the introduction of Guy; Guy's same reaction to Pete and Peggy ("I know all about you!"), the same "You must have 1,000 questions" both to the execs and staff; and poor little Sally...and Bobby. Gah! Bang your head against the wall?!?! And the use of light sources...from the fade out of Joan's light to Don's overhead bedroom light being off to Sally's night light...it was perfect. Too much to expect from network TV, but now I'm spoiled.

Still, though, I love the lawnmower accident, how Joan was absolutely on top of things, and way more competent at her job than her douchebag rapist husband. I hope we see more of Joan soon. The "foot" jokes, from Roger's joke at a pedicure to the "foot in the door" was just perfection. I unabashedly love this show.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I noticed the use of light sources, too, but sometimes I think I might be reading too much into a story. This one is so subtle that any little nuance can end up being significant.

I'm anxious to see how Joan fenagles her way back into the firm. I think she's one of those people the firm needs - not just an expendable cog.

I, too, unabashedly love this show!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I can't believe no one's discussing last night's episode. Peggy totally shocked me! LOL

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread