+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Mad Men

PhoneGrrrl I swear I saw the season finale last year and heck if I remember ANY of that. Wow. Color me clueless :-/

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Oh, I love Mad Men. I also watched it back-to-back on Sunday, then again after that. I watch it On Demand, too. If I could crawl into my tv and give him a big smooch I would. He's deeelicious!!

The oddest thing in the preview of the rest of the season--and the one thing I want to know the answer to was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Why was Don typing at a typewriter in his own office?
    [/QUOTE]

Not uncommon for creative types, especially writers.

Is that an actual spoiler?

I'm wondering if he leaves the company? He threatened several times last season.

btw - I got the new Vanity Fair - gorgeous photo spread of Don and Betty.

I thought DD left the company last season?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Tonight's episode was one of those slow-paced, kind of scatter-shot episodes that seem to come more in the middle of the season than at the start. That being said, I love moments like when the audience all had to cringe at Roger's daughter's wedding date of November 23, 1963; it's the tv drama equivalent of wanting shouting "The killer is in that room!" when watching a horror movie.

Peggy's storyline is certainly changing--she told the guy she picked up in the bar that her boss is a jerk; that's not something I'd have expected back in S1 or S2. Plus given the leak of the third episode online wherein
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Peggy wants to smoke pot
    , I'm really intrigued with where Peggy is going. I do have to agree with Peggy--Ann-Margret's voice is shrill. I've never seen Bye Bye Birdie, and now I know I don't want to!

And Don...he needs to stay away from earth-mother teacher lady, lest Sally do more than break his suitcase.

What was very interesting, though, was Peggy calling Ann-Margret's voice shrill and saying women don't buy sex in products. Yet, at the same time, we see her trying to do an imitation of Ann-Margret in the mirror. I guess like Don said, all the men want her and the women want to be her - shrill or not.

This show leaves me with so many questions!

What are Peggy's motivations? She knows her job - and she's good at it. Obviously she is not taken seriously because she is a woman. Does she want to become a more experienced woman? Or just more charming? Does she want to use these experiences for her career or just for fun?

Why did Don tell her to leave some of her tools in her tool box? He has to recognize her talent or he wouldn't allow her to have the job she has. He must know what tools she has.

As far as the wedding date - I love the foreshadowing in this show!! I don't know what happens, but obviously something does - and I can't wait to see what that might be. Karma seems to follow Stirling around like a magnet.

Why did Don insist on having Betty's dad move in? Was it to make his wife happy - or to keep her busier at home? (Leaving more time to attend school "functions"?) I just want to add that if I had been that lovely while pregnant, I'd have 10 kids!

I'm wondering if Don leaves the firm over the Madison Square Garden account - taking Peggy with him. (My theories are 99% completely misguided, so I'm most likely way off base.)

Finally - I wonder if Don Draper will be traveling through Utah any time soon - I'd love to share a Patio with him.

I think the "leave some tools in the tool box" comment to Peggy is to keep some of that feminine allure and not be so transparent or predictable to others - be it clients or men, business life or personal life.
    As far as letting the father stay with them, I think a lot of it goes to Don's motivations and character. I don't see him as necessarily an evil protagonist, just one who is multi layered. I do think the writers are very adept on this show in that they seem to depict characters who are much more than the usual one dimensional stick figures we see on other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3677525;
    (Leaving more time to attend school "functions"?)
    I just finished watching the show and at first I thought Don had a little thing for the teacher but when the film went to slow motion and he started stroking the grass I thought he was getting an idea for the Patio account more along the lines of what Peggy suggested, something free and ethereal which is why he stopped and looked at her strangely when he came back to the office the next day. He may be realizing that her instincts are right on this account. I'm probably totally off base but I'm kind of hoping thats what it is. As far as an affair between Don and the teacher... well, I wouldn't rule that out either LOL

As far as the Father in law coming to live with them, I think that was Don trying to make his wife happy (gawd she annoys they hell out of me, she's whiney and demanding and I hate the way she talks to the kids) and his ulterior motives will come to light, something underhanded like the brother was up to. On the other hand he could have taken the old man in because his father was such a sack of crap, this is the closest he's had to a father.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread