+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 141 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Thanks for the bump! I really don't watch this channel and I hadn't kept up with when it was due back.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

You're welcome.

I never watch the station either, but there are billboards, signs, etc. everywhere I go showing the premiere date and, of course, Jon Hamm.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just can't see John Hamm as a sex symbol. He completely embodies a father figure for me, even if he's kind of a crappy father.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I find him way too young and way too hot for a father figure.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Don Draper... hot & sexy
    John Hamm... nice looking

Sometimes when I watch John Hamm on something other than Mad Men, I forget he's the guy portraying Don Draper.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

It's probably evidence of what a terrific actor he is. He totally embodies and become Draper when he's acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3652508;
    Don Draper... hot & sexy
    John Hamm... nice looking

Sometimes when I watch John Hamm on something other than Mad Men, I forget he's the guy portraying Don Draper.
    So true! I was channel surfing last week & caught a few minutes of 'The Division' & there he was, looking OK but so not Don Draper hot & cool.

Anyone seee the season premiere last night.
    I must not totally remember last season, but wasn't Don still living in the hotel? When did he and Betty get back together?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The last scene of Season 2 (IIRC) was Don coming home and Betty telling him she was pregnant. She's several months along from that point (I couldn't guess how many, but enough to be visibly pregnant), so one would assume that in the interim Don & Betty decided to either keep up appearances or Don convinced her (a la the hands in the sand speech) that he'd be a better husband. Of course, we all know he regularly hooks up with airline stewardesses (Sal's reaction to Don's comment on the plane about being hit on by stewardesses was pretty common was priceless). In any event, I love that Matt Weiner doesn't fill in every gap or rush the story. There was no mention of the Peggy-to-Pete reveal from last season, no discussion of Pete & Trudy trying to conceive...hell, Jane wasn't even featured. I'm sure Jane will pop up in the future, though.

Maybe it was just my great anticipation of the new season, but I watched the episode twice (in the back-to-back airings) and loved it. The "Limit your exposure" line was perfect--the sales pitch Don gave Sal and ended it with that line was fraught with so many different implications. I enjoy not knowing which ones, if not all, were meant.

The oddest thing in the preview of the rest of the season--and the one thing I want to know the answer to was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Why was Don typing at a typewriter in his own office?

THanks, PhoneGirll.
    I guess we were supposed to assume he moved back in. I saw him return; did not realize that meant he was back to stay. So, thanks for filling in the blanks. The conversation that Don and his gay colleague have on the plane is priceless. Don knows so many secrets at this point, it seems.....

+ Reply to Thread