+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131132133134135136137138139140141
Results 1,401 to 1,403 of 1403
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I thought it was a nice sendoff for Robert Morse -- Matt Weiner paid tribute to his legendary Broadway career. And just to give it a twist, Don's reaction to it wasn't 100% happy. Sure he was back in front of his old office, but he had probably gone down there to take it back from Lou. Yet he sat there, slumped against the secretary's desk. Was Bert's vision his approval of the new deal from beyond, or a warning to Don (who is back on top, but alone yet again) about what's really important in life?
    That was also the desk where Don's secretary, Mrs. Blankenship died. Wasn't she also Bert's secretary for a while? I don't know if that was meant to signify anything, but I picked up on it, and I'm usually oblivious to little things like that.

Yes she was Bert's secretary -- and from some of the hints dropped, possibly an ex-lover as well.

And it was a truly eerie/brilliant bit of irony that Burt died the night of the Moon landing, when a few years earlier, he had eulogized Miss Blankenship with "Born in 1898 in a barn, she died on the 37th floor of a skyscraper. She was an astronaut."
    Critical, Coco46 and Debb70 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yes she was Bert's secretary -- and from some of the hints dropped, possibly an ex-lover as well.

And it was a truly eerie/brilliant bit of irony that Burt died the night of the Moon landing, when a few years earlier, he had eulogized Miss Blankenship with "Born in 1898 in a barn, she died on the 37th floor of a skyscraper. She was an astronaut."

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that astronaut line. Good catch!

+ Reply to Thread