+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 141 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

FORT Newbie

Re: Mad Men

I wonder what they're gonna do with Joanne and her fiance. They've really added a lot of dimension to her this season...taking on more responsibilities at work, being disappointed when those responsibilities were taken away, and now the rape scene. My heart just broke for her.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm not going to spoil it for west coast viewers, but I was about to throw things at my t.v. for ending. Not for what happened so much, just for ending. Gah!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3223592;
    I'm not going to spoil it for west coast viewers, but I was about to throw things at my t.v. for ending. Not for what happened so much, just for ending. Gah!
    Hi PhoneGrrrl, what didn't you like? Just curious
    I thought it was ok. I'll put it in spoilers for those who haven't had a chance to see it yet.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was very surprised that Peggy told Pete about the baby... I got the feeling that she only told him to "clear her conscience". I was even more surprised that Pete told her that he wanted to be with her... throughout the season, I could not pick up on that. One thing I did not like was Betty and her one minute fling. I think the only thing I did like was Don's letter to her... it seemed very sweet and endearing. And Don did not look happy with the pregnancy news.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

What I didn't like was the limited commercial interruption leading to 10 minutes of wrap party stuff. I wanted 10 more minutes of action. The finale hit pretty much all the points I thought it would with the exception of Joan's story line. I wanted something bad to happen to Dr. Rapist, but we hardly got anything involving Joan. It's going to be a looong wait until Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3223790;
    What I didn't like was the limited commercial interruption leading to 10 minutes of wrap party stuff.
    I agree, I'd rather have 10 more minutes of the show versus the wrap party.

I liked the fact that they tied up some loose ends, yet left others dangling to be savored next season. And they could have easily cut the wrap party to give the loyal viewers 10 more minutes of the show.
    Jon Hamm, by the way, hosted SNL this weekend. He did a phenomenal job, especially with the segment - How to be Don Draper. Brilliant satire. What a great actor and hunky guy!!

He IS a hunk! I've never even heard of him and barely knew of this show but seeing him on SNL definitely makes me want to watch!

I wish SNL would have used him more! He's definitely got good comic timing.

THis is coming back on Sunday, 8/16.
    I can't wait.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Who is John Galt?

Love Jon Hamm (Don Draper) - one of the sexiest men on TV. The show is one of my favorities - I can hardly wait.

+ Reply to Thread