+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

That woman in the bed with the strange guy is probably a 'girlfriend'--some so called free spirit who sleeps with anyone, which suits Rogers just fine. It does seem that Megan is really over Don and doesnt know how to end it. That look on her face when they were about to have sex, was not the look of a woman in love! She could possibly not really care what Don is up to in New York work or personal life.

FORT Fogey

I think that goes both ways for Megan and Don. Both of them have figured out that the best way to keep their marriage going is to spend most of their time apart. I figure they can keep it going that way, keeping up appearances, until Megan meets someone new that she wants to get serious about ... kind of like Betty did.

I wonder if they will kill Megan off. I've wondered this since her first season. They keep alluding to some danger regarding her, but then nothing happens. Recall they kept showing their balcony in NY, had talk of someone being attacked in central park, then an intruder broke in to their NY apt., with Megan's safety seemingly being in question. Then nothing happened. Now, she's in the area where the Manson family kills. And they are playing her so much like Sharon Tate. Recall one season she wore the same t-shirt that Sharon was famous for. I bet he's just playing with the audience.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Debb, I agree. Wiener has laid the Sharon Tate stuff on WAY TOO THICK to be genuine foreshadowing anymore. He's just messing with us now.

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

I don't think Weiner has ever previously put one of his characters in the events of the 60s before, has he? I doubt that he'd kill off Megan in such a fashion like that. I think too much is being read into that. I wonder if he's even going to touch on the Manson murders to begin with.
    redsox girl likes this.

Well, he's put some things in from history, like the Beatles concert in NYC that Don attended and the violent unrest in the streets of NY. I think one of Megan's friends.

FORT Fogey

I think Mr Met makes a good point. Real events of the 60s have been worked in, but not in a way that would change the events. There were so many things written into this episode that come from internet freak outs that I think it was Weiner having fun. I've said it before and I will say it again - most of the actual foreshadowing in this show is only evident in hindsight. The obvious references are usually tongue in cheek rather than actual clues.

Did you notice how in your face that first scene with Megan was? She is dressed in that mini and walking towards the camera in slow motion as if to say, "This is my (Matthew Weiner's) favorite, even though she does have limited acting skills. She's the star of this show no matter what you want! How do you like that?"
    lol I do think the man is obsessed with that actress. Very odd.

I thought the real estate agent that showed up at Pete's apt. was more appealing and interesting than Megan. And Neve Campbell on the plane also made me want to see more. I've never gotten that feeling about Megan.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-15-2014 at 08:54 AM.

FORT Fogey

Which is exactly why Matt Weiner's writing was so perfect when her agent told Don that she was a person that people had very strong reactions to.
    MFWalkoff likes this.

OH, I didn't know he meant it that way. I thought it was part of Weiner's delusions. I think he has strong reactions to her and he wants and believes others do too, only, other's don't find her irresistible like he does.

+ Reply to Thread