+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Elisabeth Moss was on What's Happening Live last night and she looks GREAT! I have wanted to see her as a blonde for so long. It seems like I saw her as a blonde or dreamed it long ago and ever since, I never thought she looked right as a brunette. I pray she keeps that hair color. It's kind of short, but looks so cute.

She was so humble when he discussed her DOUBLE nominations for best actress. (EMMY) She says as far as she knows there is only ONE more season of Mad Men. I knew it, but it just hurt hearing her say it. She said it's time though.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Elisabeth Moss was on What's Happening Live last night and she looks GREAT! I have wanted to see her as a blonde for so long. It seems like I saw her as a blonde or dreamed it long ago and ever since, I never thought she looked right as a brunette. I pray she keeps that hair color. It's kind of short, but looks so cute.

She was so humble when he discussed her DOUBLE nominations for best actress. (EMMY) She says as far as she knows there is only ONE more season of Mad Men. I knew it, but it just hurt hearing her say it. She said it's time though.
    ITA, Debb! I watched and loved seeing her.

I could care that MISSY was on there. Elizabeth is such a wonderful actress.

And yes I thought the minute I saw her I LOVE HER HAIR!!!!
    KAREN

She's a blonde, IMO.

I didn't recognize her! She looked lovely!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Well, I wonder what Matthew Weiner is thinking about now. Mad Men was shut out from both the SAG Awards nominations and the Golden Globes. Jon Hamm wasn't nominated either.

Elizabeth Moss was nominated for her role on the mini series, Top of the Lake. I think I started a thread on that show sometime in the summer. She was pretty good, but I doubt she'll win for it.

I know the the writers aren't suppose to write to please fans, but I think it's interesting that for the last several seasons Matthew Weiner has insisted on this route that the fans are not happy with it. The writing seems to have suffered and even though fans complain, Weiner ignores it. It seems he is so impressed with himself. I bet the cast is disappointed. It's not their fault. The writing just went down hill.
    JulieAnn likes this.

Someone just informed me that the new season of Mad Men starts this Sunday! I'm willing to give it another season. Their last one wasn't that impressive, but still......just to look at Jon Hamm is such a pleasure. lol

Mad Men – AMC

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm excited for MM's return but not excited that they're splitting this last season into two halves and dragging it out until next year, a la Breaking Bad. Don't get me wrong...I loved BB, but it got better as it went along and there was a lot to rewatch on Netflix and digest all the details. But the last few seasons of MM have not been as compelling to me, so I don't think I'll be doing a big rewatch between two halves of the last season, just a little refresher to see who Don is currently banging when this first half ends to jog my memory.

I'm not a fan of splitting an already short season in two either, but on the bright side, it will give the Emmy voters 2 more chances to finally give Jon Hamm or Elisabeth Moss an Emmy. The show may have won Best Drama 4 years in a row, but no actor from the show has ever won a trophy. That needs to be fixed.
    Critical likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm not a fan of splitting an already short season in two either, but on the bright side, it will give the Emmy voters 2 more chances to finally give Jon Hamm or Elisabeth Moss an Emmy. The show may have won Best Drama 4 years in a row, but no actor from the show has ever won a trophy. That needs to be fixed.
    Agreed . Jon Hamm AND Elizabeth Moss should have won for season 4 on the weight of "The Suitcase" alone.
    MFWalkoff likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

IMO, it's going to take a lot to bring this show and it's cast back to the forefront. They were on the top of the world a few seasons ago and that was the time, but now....I'm concerned they lost their momentum. Unless Matthew Weiner pulls a rabbit out of his hat, I don't see it happening. I think Matt got too full of himself and lost track of the show. I hope he's recovered and the show can too.

Recall the last scene was Don with his kids outside the brothel where he had grown up. Pete had moved to CA. Don had been asked to leave the agency for awhile to get his head on straight.

+ Reply to Thread