+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Can you believe this is the actress who plays Sylvia? It's difficult to believe.

Linda Cardellini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no way I would connect these two faces! Does everyone on the show look so different without the Madmen makeup?

I don't think so. I hope Megan looks different in real life. lol

Matt Weiner settles a few things in an interview...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Matthew Weiner Kills the Internet's Favorite Mad Men Conspiracy Theory

Two weeks ago the Internet came up with what seemed at the time like an airtight Mad Men conspiracy theory: Megan Draper was Sharon Tate, and just like Tate, Draper too was going to die.

Well, as it turns out, the Internet had this one all wrong. Crazy, right?

The LA Times' was in attendance for a round table with Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner, and decided to get the skinny on the theory straight from the Showrunner's mouth:
    Yes, Sharon Tate wore that T-shirt, but that was just my costume designer Janie Bryant and I solving an argument. Women's T-shirts had not come into fashion. I always wanted Megan in a Disneyland T-shirt and Janie kept saying, 'They're not around yet.' So I said, 'There's got to be a women's T-shirt,' and Janie brought [the photo of Tate] in and asked, 'Is this OK?' And I said, 'Yes. I want that exact T-shirt.' Little did I know ...
    Weiner goes a step further, guaranteeing that not only is Jessica Pare's job safe for the time being, but that, at least as far as this season is concerned, "no one’s going to die."

Maybe that's because... they're already dead.

Well...okay then.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thanks for that interview article.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't trust Mr. Weiner. I guess he was just playing games with the viewers. They sat out to make it look like something violent was going to happen, with sirens, references, etc. So now, it's all a never mind. I like this guy less every season. IMO, it's not being respectful to his viewers.

And although I just watched the first 15 minutes - someone died right?

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    And although I just watched the first 15 minutes - someone died right?
    I guess I need to see the episode b/c I'm wrong. LOL
    JulieAnn likes this.

Hey, yeah, it looked like they killed Ken, but he made it. I guess he got shot with a shotgun and it just sprayed his eye. Kind of like a Dick Cheney thing. lol

He finally got off the Chevy account though. They were close to killing him. I think Pete is going to take it. Does that mean Pete is moving or just traveling to meet with them from NY.

I think that what Don did to Peggy and Ted was necessary, but I still have no fondness for Don. The fetal position he made brought no sympathy in my mind.

Ted and Peggy were living in their own little world. It's uncomfortable to watch something like that in an office setting. You lose focus and perspective. That Rosemary's Baby commercial idea might work on a SNL skit, but I suspect that St. Joseph's would not want their baby aspirins associated with Satan or death. All that money for actors would have been wasted if St. Josephs did not authorize the money and the agency would have have to eat it.

Peggy's blow up at Don was just in defense of her love for Ted. She was in the wrong. Don may could have handled it better, but Ted and Peggy were still in the wrong. I've' always been a big Peggy fan, but she needs to get a grip. She'll realize it later I bet.

I guess next season we'll see Sally at boarding school. I think Don' is relieved.

I'm rather disappointed at Bob's secret. That's it? I thought it might be some huge story behind his mystery. Not so much. I do wonder who he was talking to in Spanish on the phone. He was telling them how Pete was getting in his way at the office.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-17-2013 at 04:01 PM.

I agree that Don had to put a stop to the casting. The agency would have been on the hook for the cost and he couldn't let that happen, but what he did in the meeting was totally uncalled for. He could have handled that a myriad of different ways in private without humiliating Peggy.

He was punishing Peggy and Ted. I think he was punishing them for being happy and for doing it in a decent manner, as far as we know they haven't gotten physical, when Don has never managed to be a decent man.

I'm sure he sees himself and how he acted with Megan in them, yet they manage to keep it at the level of friendship so far, which never even crosses Dons mind when he wants some woman.
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fogey

I may be wrong, but didn't don receive the "losing your judgement" speech he gave to Ted from someone himself? I thought it sounded familiar - something said to him when Megan was working at the agency perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread