+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Oooo...as crazy conspiracy theories go, this one's pretty good:

Reading Too Much Into ‘Mad Men’: Compelling Evidence That Megan Draper Is Already Dead

A commenter also points out that Roger & Don go straight to the office from the airport without going home. Later, Don yells for Dawn to "get my wife on the phone" but the call never comes through...
    cablejockey, AmyKay, PGM35 and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I noticed that Megan was not shown, however, I put that aside when I saw her in the preview for the next episode. I guess Megan's appearance in the preview could have been due to a flashback. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hey, nothing would please me more than for Megan's character to leave the show.

FORT Fogey

Whether that theory is true or not, it's interesting and the writer clearly put a lot of thought into it. Thanks for sharing!
    AmyKay likes this.

When Megan was sitting on her bed and talking to Don on the phone, I kept expecting some intruder to come in and get her. I guess I'm letting all the hype about her and Sharon Tate get to me. My question is why would Matthew Weiner go to so much trouble to paint her like Sharon Tate. I mean, even the scene with Don's trance, he rubs Megan's pregnant belly. We all know of how the pregnant Sharon Tate begged for her child's life. The sirens in the background and references to violence with Megan's scenes. Then there is the exact t-shirt that Sharon wore being seen on Megan. The show admitted that it was done on purpose.

There was also the books the characters are reading being related to Sharon Tate or murdered women. Then Don and Roger party at a place that is laid out like Sharon Tate's place and the host resembles Sharon Tate too. It's just too obvious, IMO. Is Mattew just having fun or trying to throw the viewer off from the real murder victim? ???? I can't wait to find out. I love a mystery.

Lines that caught my attention so far tonight:
    Ted: "I don't want his juice, I want my juice!"
    His partner (sorry, I forgot his name): "It's all your juice"

Pete's mom to Pete: "you were a sour little boy and you are a sour little man...you've always been unlovable"
    Last edited by Cootie; 06-09-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    usschmidt likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

From beginning to end that was one helluvan episode. It was among my favorites of the entire series. Only one more episode before the season finale!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Poor Sally. I just knew something was going to happen what with her borrowing those keys all the time. Her relationship with her father is going to be so damaged now. It looks as if she is going to run away from the little bit I saw on the previews.
    Was Bob hitting on Peter? Was Peter's mom imagining a love affair? After Pete let her go off on her own, I wouldnt be surprised to hear she is dead.
    I hope Ted and Don can get along or else the agency's future will be in the air again.
    I guess Don went to so much trouble to help Sylvia's son so he could get her back. I can't believe Dr. Rosen hanst confronted Don yet. He is suspicious of his wife and knows she is lying about something.

I thought I couldn't detest Don anymore, but I do. Why couldn't he leave it alone and let the affair with Sylvia go, but nooooooooo, he has to jump on it again. What a jerk. He will risk heaven and earth to help her out for the sole purpose of manipulation. He is so desperate to get back in her panties that he will stop at nothing to get there. I don't think he helped the young man for any other reason. I don't think it had anything to do with Dr. Rosen.

I laughed when he told Ted he was helping out a good friend and Ted said OH, it must be important, because I can imagine you don't have many friends. Turns out Ted was right. Don really has no true friends.

The scene where Ted's wife was complaining about their life, reminded me of Don when he was with Betty. Even the scene with Ted and his sons reminds you of the old days with his kids. And the scene where Ted is negotiating with Don about Don staying off his account with his "juice" reminded me of when Don was new and was doing the same thing with Roger.

Why would Pete have his rifle in Manhatten? Hmmm......it looked like that in the previews.

Bob looked like he was trying to smooth things over with Pete. Does he think Pete is gay? I never got that vibe at all. Pete's always loved women. So is Bob gay? I was confused by all that.

I thought Peggy was moving out of that scary building she bought. Has she changed her mind? I noticed she had her a cat at then end. I think that rat could beat her cat up though. lol
    cablejockey likes this.

Re: Pete's rifle -- he's kept it in his office all this time. I remember Trudy forbidding him from bringing it home a while back.

Debb, I liked your comparison of Ted's family time with scenes of Don in the early years -- it's true. Ted could be on his way to becoming more like Don, while Don seems to be trying to transition to being an elder 'character' like Roger...or even Cooper.

It was just sad watching Don lose Sally after she caught him. You could see it in her face as she listened to him try to spin things through the door. She'll never be the same.

So Bob isn't a spy, or a governement agent -- he's just a lonely, ambitious, closeted gay man. I guess now we know why Joan was so comfortable hanging out with him while still trying to date, lol.

Pete was kind of douchey the way he gave Bob the subtle rebuff, but I guess he could have handled it a lot worse. Of course, we saw him being silently frustrated in his apartment later, and next week he starts brandishing his rifle -- I always wondered if he was repressing some feelings of his own, ever since that episode last year when he was in driving school. He was trying to pick up that high school girl, but the camera also panned up and down her hunky boyfriend too, as if Pete was also checking him out. It could have been Pete's envy, or maybe something else...

Megan's not dead! Woo hoo! But she's going to be very miserable soon, you just know it...poor thing.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I doubt Sally will ever tell anyone about seeing her father in that way. It's so embarrassing and it may seem less real if she never speaks of it. I saw something as a young child sort of in that area and I never told anyone until many years later. I asked my mom about it when I was an adult and she said I must have dreamed it. Not true. It was no dream.

IMO, Ted has a soul. I'm not so sure about Don. He's just the most selfish person. He used to be my favorite character on the show. Probably because he was so hot. Now, that's not enough to cover his sorry asp. I still don't care for him. I try to think back when he was kind to Peggy after she had her baby. I thought he had some humanity then. And when he hung out with Joan and shared laughs. Those parts of him are no longer enough. I don't see him helping the Rosens as a good deed. It was just manipulation to me.

+ Reply to Thread