+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Re: Mad Men

Oh my. You mean we are going to continue to have to see Megan? If they don't get rid of her, she's going to continue to be on screen every episode. I really am over it. Why are they doing this? Apparently, Weiner doesn't care that Megan is so ill received.

If it's not Megan who is going to be killed, then who? I think we can safely say that it WON'T be Don, Roger, Peggy, Joan, and Betty.
    I don't think he would kill off the kids either. That would be too much. However, Pete's wife could be in danger. Recall that guy who told Pete that he needed to go and take care of his family? She's living there alone with their child. It could really change Pete. Just speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If it's not Megan who is going to be killed, then who? I think we can safely say that it WON'T be Don, Roger, Peggy, Joan, and Betty.
    I wouldn't cry if they killed off Pete. He's been an annoying gnat since day one.
    www and FireWoman like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I like Megan. She took a little getting used to, but I really like how she was just in the background all through season 4 until Sally ran away to the office and Miss Blankenship died. Suddenly she was Sally's friend and Don's secretary, and off we went. I thought it was a well-plotted story arc.

I like how she's different from Don's other women, even though he tries to treat her the same way. I like how she's nice because she thinks a person should be nice, not because she is filled with hidden agendas. That's a new one for Don. After Betty Spaghetti dumped him for good, he's actually been trying to give Megan the time of day again (or pretend to at least), even though he turned into his old clown self in California.

Could they have cast someone else in the role? Sure. But I think i like Jessica Pare's Megan more for her imperfections. I just wonder what she's going to find out in the final 3 episodes this season, and what's going to happen as a result. Man this season is going by fast...
    Coco46 and AcookerTV like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Pete is annoying, but I still like his character. He serves a pupose, IMO. I do think that perhaps Bobby could take over Pete's position in time. It seem the writers have gradually reduced the influence, power and success that Pete has with the firm. Recall that the guy that Pete was consulting with last week told him to move somewhere midwest for a job. In fact, I think he offered him a job, but Pete scoffed that it was out of the universe or something. He would not want to leave NY.
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Fogey

I actually think that if a character is murdered, it COULD be Betty, and it would make the show very interesting. She's been on the show less and less, and her absence has not been a big problem. If Betty were gone, then the kids would most likely live with Don full time. It could be interesting to see how Don who doesn't really embrace being a father, and Meghan who really isn't sure she wants to ever be a mom, would handle raising three kids who had just gone through a traumatic event. As for Pete, I enjoy his character because I think that in him we see a lot of what Don and Roger were probably like early in their careers. He's got a lack of confidence that he masks with false bravado that I could easily see in a young Roger.

I would hate to see Betty go. I think that having the kids in Don's apt full time would make it too difficult for the writers to create ways to get Don free from parental responsibilities. It worked before because Betty was home full time. With Don and Megan working, I can't see how they would make it work. Perhaps they could send Sally and Bobby to boarding school and hire a fulltime nanny for Gene.

FORT Fogey

Or, Megan could give up her job. They could move out of the city and back out to the suburbs. I think there are all sorts of angles they could explore if that kind of challenge were thrown Don and Meghan's way. Not to mention that Megan's cries of "I gave up a great life to raise your kids" would ring even louder than it did with Betty.

According to his drugged state, Don seems to want a compliant wife who encourages him to cheat and will get pregnant and have to quit acting. Megan could never be what Don thinks he wants.
    DidDon try to kill himself last night? We didnt see how he ended up in the pool, but that ad he created at the beginning of the season with the clothes on the beach, was alluded to at the beginning of the show. Being so stoned, he actually saw himself floating in the pool and didnt really react. Roger of all people was the only person who noticed Don and saved him! But we didnt see all of that either--so much gets snipped out of the natural story line in this show, that you are tempted to fill in the blank spots.

Yeah, nothing works when trying to please Don. Betty tried really hard to no avail. Betty is right about loving Don being the worst way to get to him. The only thing that seems to appeal to Don is to reject him, ignore him and withhold love. He responds to that more than anything else.

I'm wondering if Bob is really this sly, but sharp guy working under the radar. He's playing dumb, but he isn't. I wonder what move he's going to make.

Roger and Don are so distracted that by the time the new firm guys make their move, they aren't going to know what hit them. They are up to something. That name change agreement had to a trick of some sort. It might have been smart to run it by a lawyer to see if their are any legal implications. It seemed sketchy to me.

FORT Fogey

I did not take Don's hallucinations to be an indication of what he wants. If anything, I took them to be what he fears -- his wife finding him kissing another woman, his wife being pregnant, a soldier he met being dead. I think that with Betty, Don tried to beocme the suburban business man with a loving wife and kids, because that's the image he was trying to create. He discovered he didn't care for it, or the complications it brought. I think he's actually relieved that Megan doesn't have a yearning to get pregnant.

+ Reply to Thread