+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Mad Men

I like Swingtown as a summer season show...they should keep it that way... and perpetual summer on the show, just moving it up a year, so we always get lots of bathing suit shots (except of the teen daughter, who really needs to either add pounds or cover up...way too boney).

Maybe I'm over-thinking this (and/or just confused) but was Freddy actually sick when he wet his pants or was he that drunk??

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;3207431;
    Maybe I'm over-thinking this (and/or just confused) but was Freddy actually sick when he wet his pants or was he that drunk??
    I believe he was that drunk.
    I liked seeing the humane side of Don last night in how he railed against the guys who teased Freddy.

I guess he was drunk. I also thought it was leading up to something horrible like a stroke. Freddy has been the most likeable guy in the office and this show being as cutthroat as it is, I guess it makes sense he couldn't last. I really didn't expect the whole backstory of Roger and Freddy serving together - and heck, hugging at the end. That really packed a punch.

I liked the detail that Jane bought Don shirts from Menken.

About Breaking Bad, there's a marathon of the first season coming up. It's on FX, not AMC. It's one of those shows that is extremely compelling but you hesitate to say you like it. But I found it pretty amazing and I am thrilled they are making another season.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I thought it was a stroke too, Hep I was shouting at them all to NOT leave him there! I loved Peggy getting on Pete for tattling on Freddy. On some shows, that scene would have ended with sex. It just shows that a) this is not the typical show and b) Peggy has come a long way. Now they need to give her Freddy's office and get her out of the one with the copier in it!

I completely didn't see Roger affair with Jane coming at all and I really felt for Mona. When Mona told Don that Roger was leaving her for a secretary, I thought sure it'd be Joan. I guess little miss Jane got what she wanted, didn't she?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I completely didn't see Roger affair with Jane coming at all and I really felt for Mona. When Mona told Don that Roger was leaving her for a secretary, I thought sure it'd be Joan. I guess little miss Jane got what she wanted, didn't she?[/QUOTE]

I thought they were setting it up since the day when Joan told her to pack her bags and then she went to Roger for consolation. He then told her to just come back in on Monday like nothing had ever happened. I thought they were both using each other. Roger knew that Jane would see him as her savior. Jane was using her feminine wiles to get what she wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3207554;

About Breaking Bad, there's a marathon of the first season coming up. It's on FX, not AMC. It's one of those shows that is extremely compelling but you hesitate to say you like it. But I found it pretty amazing and I am thrilled they are making another season.
    I just wanted to add that I am totally wrong here - it is on AMC. I'm a dork!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Is it just me or does everyone get nervous when they smoke, thinking that ashes are going to ruin the carpet, clothes etc... They all light up anywhere without an ashtray in sight!!! I was so afraid that the dresses that (Don's wife) took out of the closet would get ruined. It also surprises me that kids (actors) are there while the adult actors are smoking. It was so common back then (in real life) but nowadays it's amazing that they can get approval for that. I wonder if any of the actors have gotten hooked (on smoking) and just how it all works. Do they use some kind of "prop" cigs or what? Just a thought! This weeks show was fantastic!!!!!! I'v already watched it 3 times!

They use herbal cigarettes. The actors hate them.

I absolutely love everything about this show, every single episode always captivates me.

I'm glad Helen Bishop returned, she was one of my favorite minor characters. I've often wondered if Betty would eventually confide to her or start following in her foot steps. While I don't think Betty would consider a divorce, at least, not yet, I do think she's going to realize she has more control. It'll be interesting to see if she can finally make up her mind on what she wants to do w/ Don.

I like watching Pete trying to get Peggy's attention and how she doesn't really return him the favor. Makes me giggle each time.

The previews for next week looked really good though. Sigh, another week's worth of wait!

+ Reply to Thread