+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 141 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1403
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that everything happening with Don and Betty proves the notion that unhappy people will be unhappy until they choose to be otherwise. Betty blamed her unhappiness on Don. So she moved on to find a new husband, thinking that would make her happy. What she discovered is that she's got the same life with a different man living in her house, and she's still unhappy. Don thought that it was Betty who made him cheat. So he got a new wife, and discovered that she's got her own thoughts also, he doens't control her, and he's behaving in the same way. I think both Don and Betty enjoy the thrill of attention from someone new. But neither one of them has figured out how to give enough in a relationship to make it work. Therefore, both are back where they were when they thought they were miserable together.
    I agree that Don is still as miserable as always, but based on the season opener, I don't think Betty is. As weird as that rape conversation with Henry was, I saw it more as though they had a comfortable banter, much like how she snuggled up with him after her day chasing down Sandy. Compare that to the end scene with Megan in bed with her script and Don in bed with the doctor's wife. Betty is even now comfortable with Henry's mom, giggling at her in the car when the mom was going off on the cop. At this point, Betty seems pretty content and confident to me. I sure as heck wouldn't stand around a rat infested tenement for the afternoon.

It was killing me where I'd seen that weird new accounts guy; if anyone else was wondering, he was the oldest son on Political Animals.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Did anyone else notice in the copywriter scenes that someone was sleeping or whatever on the couch in the workroom? What the heck? lol

I think that was Ginsberg. He was sitting with them in the first scene, but after that he seemed to be missing from the table.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I've been a loyal and faithful viewer/cheerleader for Mad Men since the series began. Forgive me if this upsets anyone but I thought this episode was horrible.

carry on
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 04-08-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I found this trivia site about Madmen with a lot of info I had no idea about! You might find it interesting too.
    25 Things You Didn't Know About "Mad Men" That Will Blow Your Mind
    redsox girl, Dragonlady and Debb70 like this.

I rewatched some of the scenes yesterday. While I didn't find it terrible, as some have suggested, I was frustrated as I posted above that we have to watch so much of Megan. I really find her annoying.

I still fail to understand why the doctor's apt seems so downscale when compared to Don's. I guess that is to show just how well Don is doing. The doctor's hallway looked like it was in the basement. The door looked like he was going into a coat closet. Then inside the place was so average and small. This is in contrast to when Don walks up to his own hallway to his door which is like an entirely different world.

I noticed that Don returns home with his shirt tail out, as if he doesn't care if Megan notices. Any wife would wonder why her husband went for cigarettes in the middle of the night during a snow storm, but returns home dry and warm with her his shirttail out. I don't think he cares anymore. Here we go again.

FORT Fogey

Perhaps Don shows up looking like he doesn't care if Megan knows because he suspects Megan is cheating on him too?

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Perhaps Don shows up looking like he doesn't care if Megan knows because he suspects Megan is cheating on him too?
    . i think Don does it for no other reason than Don is incapable of change. He cannot escape his true nature, partly because he doesnt want to. He cheats on everyone, even cheating on people hes cheating with. Call it self-sabotage, call it disrespect, but When Don gets what he wants, he will destroy it. He`s as shallow as the fairy tale advertising he sells (and he`s even screwing up that successful part of his life). He whiffed out with his pitch this week, which was great to watch. And as much as Peter is reptillian he was on point when he snidley told Don that Don needed to actually be at a meeting rather than slipping off to his office to drink and nap. Betty didn`t make Don unhappy, Megan hasn`t made Don unhappy. Don has made Don unhappy. He looks for outside fixes. As much as he debases others for their weaknesses he is the weakest. He just gets to hide his flaws beneath a handsome exterior and a con mans patter(the latter of which makes him a genius at advertising). I can certainly see Megan going toe to toe with Don when sge finds out(and maybe she already knows). But, I can`t see Megan cheating on Don , unless it`s to get back at him.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I found this trivia site about Madmen with a lot of info I had no idea about! You might find it interesting too.
    25 Things You Didn't Know About "Mad Men" That Will Blow Your Mind
    Thank God those are herbal cigarettes otherwise everyone is going to be dead before the end of next season. Now we only have to worry about cirrhosis of the liver.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I still fail to understand why the doctor's apt seems so downscale when compared to Don's. I guess that is to show just how well Don is doing. The doctor's hallway looked like it was in the basement. The door looked like he was going into a coat closet. Then inside the place was so average and small. This is in contrast to when Don walks up to his own hallway to his door which is like an entirely different world.
    I believe he was using the "service entrance" when he went to the doctor's apt since he was sneaking in for a "visit." We know from last season that there is a formal front door to these apartments and then a service entrance off of the kitchen. But he would need to come back home through the front door since the illusion is that he just went out for cigarettes.

But I was a tad shocked that he'd still be in a relative state of undress coming through his front door, too!
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread