+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

Nods in major categories: Link

Nominees in major categories for the 59th annual Primetime Emmy Awards announced Thursday by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences:

Drama Series: "Boston Legal," ABC; "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; "Heroes," NBC; "House," Fox; "The Sopranos," HBO.

Comedy Series: "Entourage," HBO; "The Office," NBC; "30 Rock, NBC; "Two and a Half Men," CBS; "Ugly Betty," ABC.

Miniseries: "Broken Trail," AMC; "Prime Suspect: The Final Act (Masterpiece Theatre), PBS; "The Starter Wife," USA.

Made-for-TV Movie: "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," HBO; "Inside the Twin Towers," Discovery Channel; Longford," HBO; "The Ron Clark Story," TNT; "Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy," Lifetime.

Actor, Drama Series: James Spader, "Boston Legal," ABC; Hugh Laurie, "House," Fox; Denis Leary, "Rescue Me," FX; James Gandolfini, "The Sopranos," HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, "24," Fox.

Actress, Drama Series: Sally Field, "Brothers & Sisters," ABC; Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer," TNT; Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," NBC; Patricia Arquette, "Medium," NBC; Minnie Driver, "The Riches," FX; "Edie Falco, "The Sopranos," HBO.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal," ABC; T.R. Knight, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Masi Oka, "Heroes," NBC; Michael Emerson, "Lost," ABC; Terry O'Quinn, "Lost," ABC; Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos," HBO.

Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Rachel Griffiths, "Brothers & Sisters," ABC; Katherine Heigl, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Chandra Wilson, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Sandra Oh, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Aida Turturro, "The Sopranos," HBO; Lorraine Bracco, "The Sopranos," HBO.

Actor, Comedy Series: Tony Shalhoub, "Monk," USA; Steve Carell, "The Office," NBC; Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock," NBC; Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

Actress, Comedy Series: Felicity Huffman, "Desperate Housewives," ABC; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures of Old Christine," CBS; Tiny Fey, "30 Rock," NBC; America Ferrera, "Ugly Betty," ABC; Mary-Louise Parker, "Weeds," Showtime.

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Kevin Dillon, "Entourage," HBO; Jeremy Piven, "Entourage," HBO; Neil Patrick Harris, "How I Met Your Mother," CBS; Rainn Wilson, "The Office," CBS; Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl," NBC; Jenna Fischer, "The Office," NBC; Holland Taylor, "Two and a Half Men," CBS; Conchata Ferrell, "Two and a Half Men," CBS; Vanessa Williams, "Ugly Betty," ABC; Elizabeth Perkins, "Weeds," Showtime.

Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Robert Duvall, "Broken Trail," AMC; Tom Selleck, "Jesse Stone: Sea Change," CBS; Jim Broadbent, "Longford," HBO; "William H. Macy, "Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King Umney's Last Case," TNT; Matthew Perry, "The Ron Clark Story," TNT.

Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Queen Latifah, "Life Support," HBO; Helen Mirren, "Prime Suspect: The Final Act (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Mary-Louise Parker, "The Robber Bride," Oxygen; Debra Messing, "The Starter Wife," USA; Gena Rowlands, "What if God Were the Sun," Lifetime.

Supporting Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Thomas Haden Church, "Broken Trail," AMC; August Schellenberg, "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," HBO; "Aidan Quinn, "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," HBO; Edward Asner, "The Christmas Card," Hallmark; Joe Mantegna, "The Starter Wife," USA.

Supporting Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Greta Scacchi, "Broken Trail," AMC; Anna Paquin, "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," HBO; Samantha Morton, "Longford," HBO; Judy Davis, "The Starter Wife," USA; Toni Collette, "Tsunami, The Aftermath," HBO.
    For a complete list:
    Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

I'm a big fan of The Office Ugly Betty and My Name is Earl. the Daily Show and the Colbert Report are also very funny. I've grown tired of Grey's Anatomy this season. I don't want it to win.

Re: 2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

Go House! I am completely rooting for Hugh Laurie, Tony Shalhoub, and Neil Patrick Harris.

Could completely care less about the Sopranos or 30 Rock.

I'm rooting for everything "The Office". I hope they all get their respective nods, but I'm thinking that may be difficult.

I would also love to see Neil Patrick Harris get this award, he carries that entire cast/show.

Entourage is a comedy?

I'm so over James Spader and Boston Legal, I liked him better in Pretty in Pink.

It's interesting to see the nods, there are obviously not enough good comedies on TV, maybe this Fall will make up for it.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Fogey

No "Lost"????

PHleeesseee!!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2484687;
    Entourage is a comedy?
    Ya. Anyway, I really like Rainn Wilson but Jeremy Piven and Kevin Dillon are brilliant in Entourage. I think the best supporting actor in a comedy is the strongest category this year. And ya I'm upset with Lost not getting a best drama nomination and Elizabeth Mitchell not getting a nomination for best supporting actress. Lame.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

I'm just laughing because Justin Timberlake's song from SNL got nominated for an Emmy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2484852;
    No "Lost"????

PHleeesseee!!
    Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn both got nominations...to me they were 2 of the very best reasons for Lost this year so I'm glad they both got nominated!

I also liked the choreography nominations:

Dancing With The Stars • Episode Number: 303A • ABC • BBC Worldwide Productions, LLC
    Louis van Amstel, Choreographer
    So You Think You Can Dance • Ramalama (Bang Bang) • Fox • 19 TV Ltd and Dick Clark Productions, Inc.
    Wade Robson, Choreographer
    So You Think You Can Dance • Calling You • Fox • 19 TV Ltd and Dick Clark Productions, Inc.
    Mia Michaels, Choreographer
    Tony Bennett: An American Classic • NBC • RPM TV Productions, Inc.
    John DeLuca, Choreographer
    Rob Marshall, Choreographer

Last edited by bbnbama; 07-22-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: add choreography info......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Very happy to see Minnie Driver get a nod for best actress because she is amazing in The Riches. And also Michael Emerson for Lost, but I agree with the poster who thought Elizabeth Mitchell ( Juliet on Lost ) should have been included. And the guy who plays Mark on Ugly Betty was overlooked.

Pretty much the only drama show I watch is Heroes, so I gotta root for them.

Don't watch comedies that air on primetime (meaning I still catch reruns of old comedies), so I can't root for anyone there. Although I like America, so I'm hoping she'll win.

Is TAR going to get its fifth Emmy? IMO, probably.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast