+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

FORT Fogey

Re: 2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2575679;
    i think that one of the reason why she won over sandra
    Why? I find her to be a big phoney who was only looking to promote herself and get her "face time" on TV.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2575678;
    I'm a huge - HUGE - fan of Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert, but I agree that their bit fell a little flat. It was almost like there were censors standing behind them with a gun to their backs. It was redeemed by them getting Steve Carell onstage to "get" the award, though.
    I'll be one of the few to admit that I LOVED the bit the two of them did. Getting Carell on stage was the cherry on top to what I thought was a hilarious bit. The only thing missing was a quick shot of Al Gore in the audience to show whether or not he appreciated just how much the joke was on him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2575680;
    Why? I find her to be a big phoney who was only looking to promote herself and get her "face time" on TV.

that's what i meant, she did do self promotion. her name was way out there, when the issue wasn't about her.
    She might have won but the whole world knows sandra is a better actress

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the explanation. I don't care for Sandra Oh either and do not watch Grey's, so I can not really compare their acting on the show.

Well, based on us here, it's not surprising this was the second worst Emmys according to the ratings and that Seacrest fell flat and far!

Other than a few winners, the three highlights were the Family Guy opening, Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart, and Rainn and Kanye. That should say it right there. When the best things have nothing to do with the show itself.

Also, I think for us viewers the stage in the round can seem more inviting and cozy, but they essentially backed themselves to at least half the celebrities there. Not such a good idea. If they wanted to make it work, the stage should have literally been in the round, not just round but everything went one way.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2575556;
    what's GD?
    It's a phrase where it has been decided by censors that while one half is not a curse at all, and the second half is a very weak curse allowed freely on any and every broadcast, that if you put them together it's somehow magically transformed into something much worse than either half individually.

It's proof that this country still seems to be bound by subtle instances of religious doctrine. If you DARE mix that first word with the second, boom--its "obscene" by the F.C.C. because you are insulting an entity which Church and State are supposed to keep separate.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Good for the censors. I think they let too much get through these days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2576317;
    Good for the censors. I think they let too much get through these days anyway.
    Perhaps. But its hypocracy if much worse is let through in other instances and something which is basically as innocuous as this is censored because of political and religious reasons.

Remember, this was on FOX. A channel otherwise known for being exploitative and crude.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It took me longer than it should have to realize that those were censors... the first two or three times it happened, I thought my DVR was having problems. Finally I figured it out and felt silly. I thought the censors were more sensitive than necessary, too. Doesn't the FCC normally allow a certain number of "risque" words per show or per hour or something? From my understanding of the moments that were bleeped, it seems like each of the nominated shows often feature language, innuendo, or material that's more coarse, controversial, or offensive. I don't think anything was said that we haven't all heard before. In general, I thought they did a mediocre job with the show.

I have to say, with Seacrest hosting, I half expected to hear the American Idol theme song when they cut to and returned from the commercial breaks. Oy.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Geez, whatever happened to the 5-10 second delay? These censors/cutaways were extremely awkward and just left you wondering wtf?
    The way the ratings are on the slide, soon they'll probably either stop televising it or just webcasting it. The viewers are going away each year.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast