+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

FORT Fogey

Re: 2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2575556;
    what's GD?

I kind of like the stage, it was innovative and felt cosy (Spl).

I do agree Sandra Oh or Chandra Wilson could have been better winner than Khatherine.
    Loved James spader win and speech. Hated the amazing race win, can't stand the soprano
    It's a PG-13 site, so I don't think we can type out what GD stands for. But the first word refers to a diety, and the second word can refer to a structure blocking water, sometimes built by a beaver.

I'll also agree with Sandra or Chandra over Katherine for supporting actress. To me, Sandra and Chandra bring it in every scene they are in. Katherine does well in the scenes written as Emmy bait for her, but is not as consistent.

FORT Fogey

It's a PG-13 site, so I don't think we can type out what GD stands for. But the first word refers to a diety, and the second word can refer to a structure blocking water, sometimes built by a beaver.
    oh ok, i got it.

I did see, after I posted, that Sally Field had been censored for language. However, they cut away for several seconds and seemed to have edited out her entire comment, not just the word in question. Same with Ray Romano and Kathryn Heigl. What ever happened to bleeps? If they didn't want those of us that can read lips (at least to see what curse words are uttered ) to see, they could have quickly gotten a shot of the audience while bleeping. It wasn't live on the West coast, so they had time to "fix" it.

My other favorite part of the ceremony was Steve Carrell bounding up to the stage to accept "his" award. Those three are hilarious!

I think the lackluster response to the win for Amazing Race was because it just keeps winning. I definitely thought it was Project Runway's year.

Marybeth - I forgot about the Jon Stewart/Alberto Gonzalez one! "I do not recall..... Jon Stewart."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I saw parts of the show. Loved it when Steve Carrell accepted "his" award. But Colbert and Stewart's skit/intro went on for way too long and wasn't that funny. Pretty unusual for them. Sally Field--I hated it when she screeched at the audience to shut up so she could get her speech in before the clock ran out. The Americans really do need to take a cue from the Brits in how to execute funny and/or clever speeches. Katherine Heigl. Over Sandra Oh? I don't think so. She did look lovely and wore a beautiful dress...but she couldn't walk very well in it. Kanye West--he sounded horrible when he was rapping. Rainn sounded better!

FORT Fogey

After seeing the list of winners, I am glad that I did not waste my time watching.

I can not stand Katherine Heigl.

FORT Regular

What a waste of time...........

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2575635;

I can not stand Katherine Heigl.
    I don't care for her either. I'll admit that as she was walking up to the stage, I was bracing for her to work some sort of slam on Issaiah Washington into her speech. I was quite happy to see she did not!

FORT Fogey

She certainly worked her press time enough in the past year slamming Washington.

My western Canadian feed didn't censor Sally Field. I was watching the news this morning and they were talking about her speech, but I heard everything she said last night. Odd.

I'm a huge - HUGE - fan of Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert, but I agree that their bit fell a little flat. It was almost like there were censors standing behind them with a gun to their backs. It was redeemed by them getting Steve Carell onstage to "get" the award, though.

I don't watch many of the nominated shows, so I was disappointed that The Office and Sopranos didn't get the accolades I think they deserve (though I was really pleased that they both scored writing awards). And though I preferred James Spader when he was a little more, uh, edgy, I thought he gave a great, witty acceptance speech. Particularly under the circumstances, when everyone was expecting the other James to win.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2575657;
    She certainly worked her press time enough in the past year slamming Washington.

i think that's one of the reasons why she won over sandra
    Last edited by jacobson00; 09-17-2007 at 01:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast