+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: 2007 Emmy Nominations/Awards

I loved Terry O'Quinn in the hot pink shirt!

Critical, I like the Best Writing skits too! They all were funny!

I can't believe James Gandolfini didn't win best actor! I liked America Ferrera winning best actress in a comedy! I was glad Sopranos won for best series but I believe that Forest Whitaker got shafted for his guest actor nomination for "ER"!

Loved the Kanye skit...especially when he said "I never win anything" and then grinned a big ole grin!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 09-17-2007 at 12:19 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2575334;
    This year was ok but not that great. First of all, the censoring was in my opinion a little overdone. Sally Field CENSORED!! I was a little floored by that.

Also the whole Emmys in the round? Eh......no. Please don't get any ideas for the Oscars people.
    Was that censoring? I know they did it with Ray too. I just thought it was technical error. I can't believe that they censored things

They also did it to Katherine Heigl when she won. She musta said oh sh!t or something. Not sure.

Poor Sally Field. She lost her train of thought and I think she said something like if women ruled the world there would be no gd war. That's my guess.

I thought the beginning was a mistake too when they went to the celing with Ray.

ITA CA - I'm contemplating sending a pointed email to Fox about the blatant censoring. Not that they'd care anyway. It's one thing if they're swearing which is, from what I've read, what happened with Kathryn Heigl, but the Sally Field thing was out of bounds. When did we become for afraid of someone speaking out against the war? I found her remarks (what little we heard of them) to be particularly appropriate since she's playing a mother who just sent her son off to Iraq.

bbnbama - See and I was happy Gandolfini didn't win. I'm a huge James Spader fan and wanted either him or Hugh Laurie to win. Loved James Spader's speech and the quip about Elaine Stritch, who was fabulous with Stanley Tucci, btw. I thought the Sopranos win wasn't deserved either.

I know I say this every time she is on an awards show, but I want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up.

Oh, and can I also just say....Jimmy Smits!!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sally Field was the win of the night for me and I was glad to find the edited part of her speech on youtube. I love Grey's Anatomy, but I wish that Sandra Oh or Chandra Wilson had one instead of Katharine as I think they are superior actors.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I was sad that the Office didn't win more awards! I personally find it to be funnier than 30 Rock and I think their actors are great. Hopefully they'll win something next year.

I liked the Emmy's this year, besides the fact that the winners and the presenters' backs were against some of the audience.

But there were so many funny moments. The funniest had to go Elaine Stritch. She was so clueless. I know it's pretty mean to act at someone's mistakes, but I can't help myself. It was fo funny. She even said it herself: "I really don't know what the hell I'm doing!"

Kanye West and Rainn Wilson were also hilarious. Kanye even went a little up in my books, and I really don't like that guy.

I don't watch much dramas or comedies, so I didn't exactly have anyone to root for. I'm huge fan of Heroes though, so I rooted for Masi Oka, hoping he would take Best Supporting Actor. But he didn't. Oh well, maybe next year. And anyway, I was kind of hoping the Sopranos would sweep every category they were nominated in since the show is now over. Funny thing is, I never watched the Sopranos.

And there goes The Amazing Race, winning their 5th Emmy! But when they won, I felt like the audience didn't clap as much. Maybe they're getting a little tired of all the wins.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

The stage was horrible. The cast of Ugly Betty watched everything from the back. WTH??

I think Sally Field wasn't censored for her war comments, but that she cursed. I think it's coincidental that it was about the war and it's going to be blown out of proportion.

Didn't care for the Jersey Boys songs - only because I would have rather seen the montage of Sopranos than the close ups of the singers.

I was hoping for Denis Leary to win, but I knew James Spader would win - he's a favorite (and I always think of the FoRT's Paulie )

Enjoyed the show for the most part - agree that the Family Guy skit was funny and I'm with you Critical, I LOVE the writing nominees - I actually liked Jon Stewart's the best with Alberto Gonzales.

I just don't get the Tony Bennett love though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2575398;
    Was that censoring? I know they did it with Ray too. I just thought it was technical error. I can't believe that they censored things
    Sally Field said GD - the FCC says that if someone says GD you have to either censor it or pay a big fine. They had no choice but to bleep her.

FORT Fogey

what's GD?

I kind of like the stage, it was innovative and felt cosy (Spl).

I do agree Sandra Oh or Chandra Wilson could have been better winner than Khatherine. how did sandra lose is beyond me.
    Loved James spader win and speech. Hated the amazing race win, can't stand the soprano.

loved the kanye and rainn segment, for once, kanye was adorable
    Last edited by jacobson00; 09-17-2007 at 10:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast