+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new show...Just for Laughs..

new show...Just for Laughs..

Did anybody catch the new show last night "Just for Laughs"? I saw the previews of it and it looked really good. But...was a little disappointed, only a few clips were really good. There is absolutely no talking in it at all, just music. Remember the old Candid Camera show, there was Allen Funt, making jokes and comments, missed that in this show. Be interesting to see if this show lasts.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: new show...Just for Laughs..

my husband was watching it, but the part where the people were floating on tubes in the lazy river and the "blind" guy was "peeing" on them was hilarious. I wish they actually showed the reaction of when they were told it wasn't really pee. It just struck me funny to see everyone flipping out of their tubes!

Otherwise, it was a bit boring.

This show is filmed mostly in Montreal. The title comes from the Just for laughs festival. Some skits are hilarious, others are tired.

CCL

I think the fact that it is filmed in Montreal is why there is not a lot of speaking. Otherwise it would probably be mostly French and then they would have to subtitle it into English.
    Just for Laughs has been on Canadian television for years so I was kind of surprised that they just started airing it in the US. I haven't seen an episode lately but I recall them having some funny stuff.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Thanks for the backstory on the show. I couldn't understand the lack of dialogue. Some bits were funny, others weren't. Maybe if the music the played wasn't so cheesy it would be funnier.

The UK version mixes some Canadian stuff with bits filmed in Belfast and Glasgow. My sisters friend got caught out having to hold a very smelly bag, but their bit wasnt shown
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

+ Reply to Thread