+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soup

The Soup

Alright, so does anyone else here watch The Soup hosted by Joel McHale? It's probably the funniest show on television right now behind The Office. I really hope McHale doesn't leave soon because he's probably the best host the show has ever seen. They have different little sections each week that have clips in them. There is usually "Chat Stew" which consists of the best talk show moments from the week (they had a field day when Rosie was still on The View). There is also "Reality Show Clip Time" when American Idol is on there is a lot of that, also America's Next Top Model, Dancing with the Stars, etc.. then they have some other sections like "What the Kids are Watching", "The Mail Nurse" and some others. The show always ends with "The Clip of the Week" which is just one clip from any T.V. show that was just so weird or funny that it gets the honor. Also, when being compared to other pop culture weekly shows, it is so much better than Best Week Ever. The show airs every Friday night at 10:00 P.M. on E! I love this show so much!
    Last edited by iv3rdawG; 07-17-2007 at 01:09 PM.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Soup

I wouldn't say I merely watch The Soup; I'd say I'm fairly well addicted. It is the only show I watch that I actually get angry if someone calls me when I'm watching it--even on tape. I was a long-time devotee of Talk Soup from Kinnear to Henson, and McHale brings back that more acerbic edge Kinnear had. And while I love pretty much everything about The Soup, my favorite bits are the commentary on the E! shows, especially ones involving Ryan Seacrest.

CCL

I love Joel McHale. I don't know if he's leaving The Soup but he is going to be in a tv show called The IT Crowd. It is not going to air until mid-season, however. Here's the link: NBC Fall Preview
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2478291;
    And while I love pretty much everything about The Soup, my favorite bits are the commentary on the E! shows, especially ones involving Ryan Seacrest.
    Lol ya those are great. I love the Kendra ones too *annoying laugh*

Also, "ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!"

Last edited by iv3rdawG; 07-17-2007 at 01:25 PM.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Somewhere in the Archives there's already a thread for Talk Soup then rechristened The Soup, so yeah, there are a lot of us who are addicted to it

I'm like PhoneGrrrl in that I've been addicted for years, through all the hosts. This is one show that can honestly say it's never had a bad host. But I do like Joel best. I think it's the funniest show on TV now, bar none. (I especially wouldn't put it behind The Office, which I think is a dumb show ) I love Joel's Dame Judy fantasies, too. What makes me love Joel even more is that he is absolutely one of the most naturally funny guys I've seen in a long time, and all this from a very smart guy who also earned a Rose Bowl ring. He was also funny in Will & Grace, Iron Chef America, and the Burger King commercials. I truly love this guy, one of the few who can still make me laugh out loud when watching The Soup.

And The Soup itself is still about the funniest show on tv, partly because they say what most of us think about the events, and because they're smart enough to let the clips speak for themselves, with just a little commentary thrown in -- though some of my favorite moments are when Joel lets the clip run, then doesn't say a word, just has 'that look' on his face.

My favorite current parts are his not letting Tyra get away with anything, and the Reality Show Clip of the Week. I'm still laughing at the comment at the end of one of the 'Tyra' clips where Lou was in her audience with his 2lb weight t-shirt, and then Joel nonchalantly mentioned "by the way, Tyra's gained 2 pounds and we don't know where Lou is". Poor Lou, lol
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Man that whole Jeopardy thing last night where Joel called the girl Cory Feldman. I haven't laughed that hard at something in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by iv3rdawG;2484791;
    Man that whole Jeopardy thing last night where Joel called the girl Cory Feldman. I haven't laughed that hard at something in a long time
    oh my god i was laughing my ass off. LOL

and the pickle licking toddler gets me every time.

I have loved The Soup since it was Talk Soup with all the other different host. Joel Mchale is the funniest guy though and I watch religiously. I've also been watching those Soup Presents that's been coming on Monday evenings. I am guaranteed to bust a gut anytime I watch it.

One of my favorites is when he goes, "IT'S REALLY SHOW CLIP TIME". I don't know why but I laugh whenever he says that.

FORT Fogey

Greg Kinnear was the best on Talk Soup!

FORT Newbie

I guess it's fair to say that I too am a Soup addict, and used to get a kick out of Joel's liberal of the infamous Whitney Houston "kiss my a**" clip! I DVR the show every week, and this week, when he got to the Jeopardy clip I made a comment about how the kid looked like Corey Feldman and missed Joel's comment. I rewound and my daughter cracked up when it turned out that the comment I missed because I was yammering on (her words) about CF was a comment about CF from Joel! Soup is a must see, and I love how he makes fun of Constantine on a regular basis!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast