+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Dreams

American Dreams

I saw the premiere tonight and thought it was a pretty good show.The music was great and it really showed the feeling of optimism that gripped the country during Kenedy's first term in office.The rebellious teenage kids weren't very realistic or entertaining IMHO but i'll probably watch it a few more times to see if it gets better.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

i watched it, too, but only because there was nothing else on.

man, the little blonde girl that danced on bandstand could be one of the olsen twins... OR the third of the olsen triplets that was sold as a baby to the highest bidder!!! (that sounds much more interesting)

I thought it was good too. That dad is uptight! Looks like it gets juicier next weekend.

Hmmmm, I missed it.
    I'll look out for it next week if you guys think it's worth it (assuming it is a series and not a one off )
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't know if anyone watched Guiding Light, but the blonde from bandstand played Susan, Harley Cooper's long lost daughter on the show for about a year.

Originally posted by fluff
    Hmmmm, I missed it.
    I'll look out for it next week if you guys think it's worth it (assuming it is a series and not a one off )
    it's a new series, fluff. it has potential, but i'm not sure that i think it's so much potential as i think it's lack of competition. there was absolutely nothing else on the tube at the same time this aired.

Sadly I had a really hard time getting into this show. I really wanted to try and thought I would like it so I'll probably hang around for another week or two and keep trying unless something better happens to show up on a Sunday night. LOL who am I kidding? I'll be watching the entire thing if I wait for that.

miamomma
    I busted up when, while watching the football game on tv, the one man said 'Watch when they show it again.' and the other guy goes something like 'What do you mean when they show it again.' and the other says something about 'That new instant replay they have.' And they don't think it will catch on because the play will stand as it's called on the field.

It looks like in the previews for next week like the son will get hit by a car which will prevent him from playing football which is what he wanted to quit anyway.

Well the previews were totally misleading.(Is Mark Brunette doing this show)

The daughter finds out that her friend wasn't invited to dance on American Bandstand which almost breaks up their friendship till she quits the show in protest.

The mother meets a friend who is going to college and decides she wants to go too which leads to conflict with the dad.

As the show ends we see the oldest son going into the coaches office presumably to ask for his spot back on the football team.

All in all a pretty good show especially the angst that the whole cast is going through over the Kennedy assassination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast