+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: American Dreams

Oh, I think Jimmy did go there. I forgot about him. It'd be interesting if we did see something with him. Though, I'm not sure if JJ met him. This past episode...or one of the last 2...didn't Meg mention something about Jimmy to JJ? So, I think JJ has met him.

Great episode...glad this show is back! I was actually pretty surprised Danny was interested in Meg. It was all so sudden. I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I kind of thought they made a good couple too. Meg likes Drew more...better chemistry, I think. But, he said he wouldn't date other girls. I wasn't expecting that at all. JJ, as usual, gets into the elite group that everyone wants into. I'm not that surprised. But, won't his ankle really bother him? Is it safe? And Cryssa, you were right about Jimmy Riley. When they first showed him, I was like, "Whoa, Cryssa knew that was coming!" Roxanne and Luke...I think that makes a little more sense than Meg and Luke. I wonder what Roxanne's guy is doing on his tour.

Ohhh next week....Patty with a giant bra?? Meg losing her virginity?! I don't think Meg will really go that far...unless she's VERY sure about it.

Rich Vos Alert! Funny guy from "Last Comic Standing" is appearing tonight on American Dreams as Lenny Bruce!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I was actually pretty surprised Danny was interested in Meg. It was all so sudden. I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I kind of thought they made a good couple too.
    Yeah, I thought they were a sweet couple. It was probably awkward for them, though, since she's always been JJ's kid sister to him and he's just been JJ's friend to her. Also, her and Drew are more interesting, I think, even though I don't like them together.

JJ, as usual, gets into the elite group that everyone wants into. I'm not that surprised. But, won't his ankle really bother him? Is it safe?
    No surprise, there, thought it's a bit tiresome. I tend to forget about his ankle, so seldom do they mention it. I'm really not sure... maybe that will be brought up in a coming episode?

And Cryssa, you were right about Jimmy Riley. When they first showed him, I was like, "Whoa, Cryssa knew that was coming!"
    That was a really touching scene. Very nicely done.

Roxanne and Luke...I think that makes a little more sense than Meg and Luke. I wonder what Roxanne's guy is doing on his tour.
    I'm lovin' the Roxanne/Luke storyline. They're so cute together! Sorry, my inner teenage girl was begging to be set free there. Luke looks a lot better without his glasses, so I really can't say I blame Rox. I wonder how Meg will react? Hmm.

This week's episode was another great one. I agree with Helen, though. Meg is becoming skank-esque, especially if compared to the first season. It's a part of growing up, I suppose, but I wish she'd get rid of Drew.

Of course, I'm still holding out for Meg/Sam. Any additional thoughts on the episode, Mdrio?

QBoots. Did you watch? Rich Vos was good, IMO. I could sense Beth and Helen's discomfort when he was making those jokes. What was the name of the comedian he played?

The name was Lenny Bruce. It's pretty shocking how it's the 60's...and he's saying all that. Even now, people would be embarrassed to be put on the spot like that. I was actually hoping for a little more background about this fake marriage date and early pregnancy. It wasn't fully covered, IMO. Maybe when Meg cools down, Helen will bring it up again. Meg is acting a little more out there, but I'm glad she's not doing anything that she feels uncomfortable doing. I'm also glad Drew said he'd wait for her. I hope he follows through with that one. It's pretty shocking how much Meg does now compared to last season. Luke looks really different without contacts. I'm glad he and Roxanna have a thing...but she is engaged to her band guy. I don't know where he is. I wonder, is he flirting around? Or remaining all faithful? I'm surprised Henry actually went through with the business deal, while Sam is the suspicious one. I wonder how Jack is gonna react to losing Henry. I bet Jack will be pretty shaken. I think they've gotten pretty tight. Lastly, I know something bigger has to happen with JJ....just not sure what. I agree, Cryssa...good episode!

Hi Cryssa! Sorry for the delay - I taped the show and just watched it late tonight.

Not much footage of Rich Vos, but there never is with the guest stars. Yeah, Lenny Bruce was a pretty controversial guy for those times.

This show is so neat - I grew up in the 60's and so much of it reminds me of myself. My mom said almost word-for-word some of the stuff Helen said in this episode.

I'm also hoping for something between Sam and Meg, but it could be very dangerous for them, not a lot of racial tolerance back then.

And I kinda liked Luke's glasses! See ya!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345