+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Dreams

The dad really does bug me sometimes too. I think he's an all-around good guy, but he's extremely stubborn...to the point where it's annoying. JJ and Beth are a great couple...I can't believe the coloniel's wife was all over him and got him shipped off to Okinawa. Grrrr...

Oh yeah...Roxanne leaving! Do you think they'll show what happens on the road? Or will she be just gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    The dad really does bug me sometimes too. I think he's an all-around good guy, but he's extremely stubborn...to the point where it's annoying. JJ and Beth are a great couple...I can't believe the coloniel's wife was all over him and got him shipped off to Okinawa. Grrrr...

Oh yeah...Roxanne leaving! Do you think they'll show what happens on the road? Or will she be just gone?
    I'm thinking (and hoping) they'll show her on the road. I have a feeling she's going to get her heart broken by this guy and return back to her regular life. Wouldn't it be horrible if JJ was killed in Vietnam? I'm sure they would never kill off his character but he might be injured and sent back home.

Finally, I stop lurking and start posting again. I've been meaning to type up my thoughts on American Dreams for some time.

This is one of my favorite shows but I haven't been enjoying this season as much as the first. I don't like Meg dating Drew at all. Besides the fact that I've been a fan of Sam/Meg since Sam first started showing up regularly on the show, I just don't like the guy. He seems like a jerk.

JiffyBear, I agree with everything you said. I think they'll show some of what goes on during the tour (as they did last night- loved that) but eventually I think Lenny's going to break her heart. Maybe something to do with their engagment promise or cheating? I don't know but I get a bad vibe from it.

One of the things I liked a lot last night was Helen telling that nurse off. I was afraid it was going to turn out the nurses were abusive towards the kids. Hopefully, they are just mean and their was no abuse beyond that.

Anyone have any opinions on what is up with JJ and Beth? The producers need to decide because the fights every other episode are getting old. I think JJ will be injured but not killed in Vietnam. I don't see them passing

I don't like Sam's new interest in Malcom X. It seems realistic, especially since his cousin has converted, but he isn't sweet anymore. He's angry all the time and I'm selfish. I want the old Sam back.

I feel bad for Patty. I hope she gets a friend that won't turn out to be using her or ashamed of her. She really isn't a bad kid, despite how annoying she can be.

Oh, that was really long. I warned you it was one of my favorites, though.
    Last edited by Cryssa; 11-24-2003 at 07:49 PM.

I don't know why people are so mean to Patty. I don't think she's that weird. I mean, that dumb popular girl Martha is the freak, in actuality. I hope she finds her niche.

Cryssa, I agree with you that JJ will probably suffer a pretty big injury. I was thinking that maybe he'll be left in a wheelchair.

Meg and Drew...it's weird because she really has changed. I don't know...he seems like not-so-good news, but not necessarily bad news. I just don't see them go much further.

Meg and Drew...it's weird because she really has changed. I don't know...he seems like not-so-good news, but not necessarily bad news. I just don't see them go much further.
    Exactly. I don't necessarily think he's a bad guy, but he isn't right for Meg. She hasn't changed for the better, IMO, despite how he's supposedly opening her mind to bigger things with his protests and all that. I don't see anything serious coming of it.

A wheelchair. Hmm. I could see that happening. I wonder how Beth would react to that?

I'm sure Patty will find her niche because there are bound to be other "outsiders" who are different and don't have any friends. I am hoping they'll get her a friend soon.

I enjoy this program a lot. I am almost 50 years old so my memories of the events played out by the cast are quite clear. One thing that really bugs me...Meg's hair. I can't recall anyone wearing their hair like the character of Meg. Roxanne, Mrs. Pryor, Beth, the Boys...are dead on. My hubby and I both teared up at last nite's episode. Oh the memories we have of young men going to Viet Nam. Those were sad days...and I think the memory of those days is a lot of the reason why we despair now over the situation in Iraq.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Oh yes...it was very sad indeed.

I wonder how long, episode-wise, JJ will be away. Roxanne's back...I think Meg really needed a friend. I think Drew is getting to her. I hope she finds someone better. Or maybe Drew will change? Naaahh...I don't see that happening.

I'm so glad Rox is back. It wasn't the same without her around. And I know Meg will need a friend more than ever with JJ in Vietnam.

Seeing JJ go was definitely a tear jerker moment.

I think that Drew is going to be shown the door soon. I can't wait for it to happen, either. Any predictions of how much they will show of JJ in Vietnam?

I bet they'll show him arrive to his base. Then, they'll probably show some brief ambush shots. I keep thinking of stuff similar to the war shots in Forrest Gump. I dunno why! Anyway, I bet something big will happen regarding his friend's lost bro. What do you think?

I think they'll show him arriving, maybe meeting some of the other soldiers and whatnot. Then some of the combat-- I can't remember the fighting in Forrest Gump. I'm positive they won't show anything gory or bloody. Just shooting, explosions, ect. I keep seeing JJ on the ground, crawling on his stomache, and hiding behind an embankment. I think that might have been a scene from back in basic training.

I never really thought about his friend's brother but I do believe you are right. They've mentioned it several times... he specifically told JJ to keep an ear out for any news about his brother... I definitely think something's going to come out of that.

Do you know if Jimmy Riley ever went to Vietnam? I can't recall where he was last stationed. Maybe we'll hear something about him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast