+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Dreams

I hope everyone watched the finale tonight. It was pretty good, but it felt incomplete by the end. Willy's death is gonna cause a lot of trouble. Next season is gonna be turbulent...can't wait for it though!

I missed anything about Michael Brook's possibility of leaving Bandstand. Did anyone see when that happened?

I Love Brennan and Tyler! BrennansBabyGrl's Avatar
    I know I'm late but.....OOOOH! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! American Dreams ROX!!!! Does anyone know of the singing group PLAY? Well, anyway, Anais (the brunette) looks JUST LIKE Vanessa Lengies!!!!!!!!!!! On the show she is "Roxanne"!!!!!
    Brennan and Tyler will always be my American Juniors!!

**Vote For Jordan on American Juniors!**

FORT Frosh
    I had a lot of misgivings about this show, knowing it was a Dick Clark production and guessing it would be pretty bland. But American Dreams turned out to be a big favorite, mainly on the strength of Brittany Snow's performance as Meg. And the chemistry between her and Jamie Elman as her boyfriend was excellent. Actually, the whole ensemble was very good, with the exception of the actor playing the youngest brother as if retarded. I can't wait to see how the next season goes.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I can't say I really like Megan that much. She's cute and all, but I don't like how she hosed her best friend since childhood just because the popular girls didn't like her.

Now, Rox... I like Roxanne. The girl's cute, and I can sympathize with her. I had a similar experience in high school.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

The season premiere is in 35 minutes!!! I can't wait!!!

I was so sure that JJ was gonna dumb Beth, but he actually proposed! That's cool...but he's headed straight to the base. Meg and Sam...there is so much romantic potential there. Even though Will bugs me, I hope he gets cured...poor kid.

So, it's been a while since I've posted anything about this show. I'm really enjoying this new season so far. I'm pretty shocked that Meg took Drew back. I hope Meg dates someone else, so Drew can get jealous. I'd just like to see the guy's reaction. Has anyone else been watching lately?

The next new episode looks so good!!!

I've been watching. My Mom loves this show so I try to watch so we can talk about it...but...it just seems really slow. There are so many false starts, almost there's and resulting plot shifts that I actually find it difficult to watch.

For instance, the whole JJ proposing to Beth...he's gonna do it, then she mouths off to his marine buddies and he's not going to do it, then he is when she's leaving, but then he doesn't and gets mixed up with an officer's wife. Sheesh, just make a decision already! Same with Meg and Sam, they are going to play that situation for all its worth (a la Daphne and Niles).
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

This show is incredibly well done. The acting and producing have received many accolades and their portrayal of life in the 60s is wonderfully done. I've enjoyed it from the start, and also like the fact that it's something I can watch with my teenage children. It's funny to listen to them say things like "they're smoking in the movie theatre!!" Or why doesn't the wife just tell the husband to shut up! To them it seems like the olden days, to me it seems like yesterday!!

This is a great show! I love all the characters but the cranky, sour dad. He is a loving dad and all but such a wet blanket.
    I sure hope Beth and JJ get married!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast