+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: General Hospital: Night Shift

Re: General Hospital: Night Shift

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2491127;
    I never bothered to remember her name since she has not been a front burner player...

But that must be changing... Between the Traumatic Syndrome Vet, the pregnant Aids lady, dealing with Alexis and Sam, and her assorted liaisons, she is pretty busy...

And she is quite attractive... More so than the Head nurse's son... IMO...

I am so bad at names, it's pathetic! That actor had a major role in Port Charles... (And it took at least 30 seconds to come up with THAT name!!!) He's a good actor, though he shall remain nameless for the moment..

;0))

PK
    Actually, Dr. Lee is the one treating the pregnant AIDS lady (since she's an OB) and the one who got caught sleeping with Jerry Jax this morning. The other doc (the one treating Traumatic Syndrome guy (Cody) is someone different. She's a physchiatrist. You can tell them apart very easily. Psychiatrist lady is black and Dr. Lee is Asian. I don't remember either one of those docs dealing with Alexis or Sam (Unless you're talking about Dr. Lee when Sam and Alexis were pregnant a while back)
    ETA: Wow! Dr. Lee sure does get around doesn't she? Let's see...Epiphany's son (Sanford?), Jerry Jax and now Oxygen guy? Any thoughts as to who the mysterious figure is roaming the hospital? The one who adjusted the levels on that surgeon's thingy (Whatever it was supposed to be) and the one who just injected something into the old lady's IV bag? And maybe I missed something but who is Layla to the old lady (or was it Layla? I'm getting them confused. The one who walked in to her room right after the other nurse left)
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 07-26-2007 at 11:56 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2491769;
    Actually, Dr. Lee is the one treating the pregnant AIDS lady (since she's an OB) and the one who got caught sleeping with Jerry Jax this morning. The other doc (the one treating Traumatic Syndrome guy (Cody) is someone different. She's a physchiatrist. You can tell them apart very easily. Psychiatrist lady is black and Dr. Lee is Asian. I don't remember either one of those docs dealing with Alexis or Sam (Unless you're talking about Dr. Lee when Sam and Alexis were pregnant a while back)
    ETA: Wow! Dr. Lee sure does get around doesn't she? Let's see...Epiphany's son (Sanford?), Jerry Jax and now Oxygen guy? Any thoughts as to who the mysterious figure is roaming the hospital? The one who adjusted the levels on that surgeon's thingy (Whatever it was supposed to be) and the one who just injected something into the old lady's IV bag? And maybe I missed something but who is Layla to the old lady (or was it Layla? I'm getting them confused. The one who walked in to her room right after the other nurse left)
    Hahah...

Thanks, Nilesgirl...

You can tell I do not pay close attention... It is usually on in the background, and I listen more than watch...

I thought both Alexis and Sam had dealt with the Psych doctor, (If they haven't, they should have!). I seem to recall Alexis talking with her about her cancer, but maybe that was her oncologist??? Or I am simnply mixing my soaps... After watching over 30 years they all seem to run together...

I will now remember Dr. Lee's name and discipline ... And Sanford's... He has only recently joined GH, so his past reputation as a Mob employee was built into his character when he arrived on the scene... He is a union activist/instigator, as well (On NightShift, not DayShift)... There will be major repercussions from that aspect... (Surely I'm not wrong there, too... Hah...)

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2491813;
    And Sanford's... He has only recently joined GH, so his past reputation as a Mob employee was built into his character when he arrived on the scene... He is a union activist/instigator, as well (On NightShift, not DayShift)... There will be major repercussions from that aspect... (Surely I'm not wrong there, too... Hah...)

;0))

PK
    Actually, he's been around for quite some time, just played by different actors. The mob connection has been more than just "built into his character when he arrived on the scene."

Wow now thats a resume.

Mob connection - check
    Union activist/instigator - check
    Shower sex with the hospital bicycle (you know everybody takes a ride?) - check

So any bets on Dr Lee coming down with AIDs or an STD or a pregnancy? Seriously, that character is getting around!

His name is Sanford/Stanford something like that, can't remember because I don't like the character (seriously what the heck gives a mob lackie any right to be looking down his nose at Laney (is that her name? the shrink). I can't stand characters like that.. Robin used to be that way, remember? All holier than though and stuff back when she snitched about Michaels paternity.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2492123;
    Actually, he's been around for quite some time, just played by different actors. The mob connection has been more than just "built into his character when he arrived on the scene."
    Ah... That, I didn't realize...

Hah... I'm batting zero... No place to go but up...

;0))

PK

Well, I finally got to watch it last night...

Dr. Lee needs to see the Psychiatrist... She has a definite problem... Sitting in the corner of the shower was pretty telling...

What are your thoughts on the saboteur? Do you think it's strike related, takeover related, a nut case, or something even more sinister?

And speaking of sinister and nut cases, the Iraq Vet is getting pretty scary...

Is it just me, or does Elizabeth seem to be more attractive on NightShift??

I wish they would increase the schedule for this one... Waiting a week is just too long!

;0))

PK

Agreed. Once a week is foolish. I want more! And I was right about the old lady patient. She portrays Ida on Desperate Housewives. I saw it in the current issue of SOD.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I think they all look more attractive on the Night Shift. I loved the scenes with Jason and Jake, they were so sweet.

I think its strike related because it doesn't look like anybody is being killed, just problems raised. However, it looked like Ida may have died or something if you look at the last scene.

I wonder what was up with Layla going into Idas room? Is it so that the other nurse can say "I saw her sneaking in there and now she's dead"?

One huge note of discord for me is the Iraq vet being so front and center on the Night Shift but then what he's doing there not showing up on the Day GH. Also, what the heck with the preview of next week and him telling the doc that she likes it wild and then pulling a knife?

I noted from the previews that Patricia Heaton is guesting next week... I did a double take, and had to back it up a couple of times to be sure... At least.... now... I "think" I'm sure!

Ida's demise is surely what they are wanting us to believe... Hope that's just a red herring...

That vet has real problems! There is indication there is something wrong with him in DayShift because of his over zealous hatred of Logan...

I guess we can't expect continuity from night to day, otherwise Jason would be in lock up. And Maxie was hale and hearty the other day. I much prefer the version where she is paying for some of her shenanigans... Though she has now backed off her vendetta against Lulu and trying to steer her away from Logan. What's up with that? I guess Coop told her about what Logan did in Iraq? I hope they share it with us pretty soon...

I haven't seen any updates on their ratings, but all the prime time panels are going on right now, and the media coverage is more about that. Maybe next week someone will say SOMETHING...

;0))

PK

I couldn't find anything on current ratings, but here's pertinent excerpt from an interview with "Lulu (Julie Berman)... (I hope Buddy TV is considered a legitimate news source... I hate to have my posts "zapped"... )

;0))

PK

And right now you're doing double duty, because you're also appearing on the spin-off on SOAPnet, General Hospital: Night Shift. How does that increase workload for you?

It's really, really crazy. It definitely takes up a lot of time, I think. Night Shift is brand-new, they're still using the same crew and a lot of the same cast. But there's a lot of new people, new cast members. It's hard when it's brand-new, no one really knows how to make the machine work very smoothly, you know, get into it and get used to certain things and kind of get a system going. It takes a lot longer than we're used to.

And so Night Shift versus General Hospital… I mean, General Hospital just moves so fast, but Night Shift definitely takes a long time. But it's fun, and it's always nice being a part of something that's new. I think it's pioneering something big, and I think other soaps, if they're smart, they'll do something like this as well. Try and get some spin-off shows for primetime, because I think it's a great way to generate more viewers and hopefully keep the old ones coming back.

Definitely. And with the spin-off with Night Shift, the plotlines are completely separate, almost existing in a parallel universe to the regular GH. Is that at all confusing for an actor when you're trying to deal with remembering, “What am I doing on GH? What am I doing on Night Shift?”

Well, not really. I think originally they were trying to time it out right with what's going on at that time on General Hospital, because everything is filmed in advance too. So I think they originally tried that, but it was impossible. There was no way they could keep the continuity from General Hospital that's on five days a week, to Night Shift that's on once a week.

We started filming Night Shift way in advance, so I think this kind of… by default, there really isn't much continuity. So I think people just kind of take it as an extra dose of their favorite General Hospital stars on another TV show, and they can just stare at the guys a little bit longer.

Speaking of that, your character Lulu, she's very attractive to a lot of different young men on the show. I'm just wondering, do you have a personal favorite actor that you like to work with, of all the many that you do?

I think I do like working with them all, because believe me, that's not how my real life is or was before I met my fiancé. So it was really fun playing that. Lulu is a hot commodity for Charles, but I love working with Bradford Anderson, he plays Spinelli. His character has definitely grown and developed, and I think that's the result of working with a character like Lulu as well as Jason and, I just think he brings a lot to the table. I think he brings a great energy. I think he's unconventional for soap opera story. I was definitely rooting for Lulu and Spinelli to hook up, because I think it's a little different, and I'm always for the different things that I can do on the show.

I definitely have to agree with you there, Spinelli definitely brings a different unique energy, and that's something you're not familiar with on soaps.

No, and I like that. It's kind of boring to do the same old thing, and so it's fun. I think it's great they got him on the show, and I think it's a great thing they nailed him down with a contract. It's fun and it's always nice to be a little bit more different, and just starting new trends and new things on the show, instead of sticking to this ‘hot guy gets the hot girl' and stuff. It's just fun to change it up a little bit.

(Exclusive Interview: Julie Berman, from 'General Hospital')
    Last edited by PK...; 07-29-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Formatting...

+ Reply to Thread