+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: General Hospital: Night Shift

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Re: General Hospital: Night Shift

Interesting twists again...

It looks as if there's more to the older lady's story, and we're getting a few hints about Toussaint (yes, that's Billy Dee)... And I don't know what to make of the Iraq Vet. I think he's going to cause a bit more mayhem, for sure... If not on the NightShift, on the DayShift...

I wonder if StoneCold really has a cyber game, LOL...

I'm betting "Brenda" has a stand in for most of the series...

Dr. Julian is also more than has met the eye so far...

And the Head Nurse's son is going to be a pain in the butt, I think...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

The Iraq vet, where have I seen him before? Its driving me crazy! I swear I've seen his crazy eyes on a reality show at some point.

I loved the Stone Cold cyber game and the interaction on the phone with Sonny. How disappointing about Brenda, why did they make a huge deal about her coming back if they are just going to wrap her up?

OK I realize that this is the Night Shift and its supposed to be more risque but seriously, that was such a gratuitous sex scene that I had to roll my eyes. Right, out of nowhere he walks into the shower and they start making out? Where the heck did that come from?

Dr. Julian is the cardiologist? Dang, he's hot. Didn't think he was at first till he started playing the guitar to calm Maxi down, that was really nice.

Just some random thoughts as to why I'm loving this so much more than GH. GH (and most soaps) have too large of casts and people tend to get lost with only a special few getting all the airtime and even then its only little snippets of stories. Night Shift has a much smaller cast so we can get more vested in the characters and quicker because they all get more airtime. Just my opinion.

Couple more things. Are they going to break up Patrick and Robin? She's always been rather jealous and hen pecky but she's taking it to a whole new annoying level while Layla just stands by as this sweet angel of mercy *rolls eyes*. I will hurt them if they mess up Robin and Patrick.

Also, I read that each show will end with the sunrise, nice touch.

The sunrise is a nice touch... Though maybe just a bit of a rip off of Boston Legal?? I don't mind, it gives continuity...

I don't think the shower scene was gratuitous, I think they are playing back and forth from night to day, to keep us on our toes... (And it has helped my concentration on DayShift...) That "sonny boy" has something going with one of the NightShifters, may explain his reluctance to take the Psych doctor seriously in the daytime... (And I found the shower scene much less gratuitous than Maxie and Cooper in the supply closet... TMI, IMO...)

As has been the case to date, they do follow up on the "Stuff" dropped in the previous episode, and the teasers have been interesting...

;0))

PK

At first I was like, what is it with the shower? But I really got into it. I just love Brenda and can remember, almost like it was yesterday, her story with Jagger and Karen (That was he name right?). It would be so great to have her back. The style of filming did take me a little time to get used to, but I didn't even notice it after the first ten minutes and now I kind of like the sharper, more polished look.

Jagger! Antonio Sabbato Jr... *wipes drool* Now there's one past character/actor I'd love to have back at GH!

You know my only problem with all this is that I keep hoping to see Brenda appearing on the daytime show. Seriously, not even a mention of the poor unfortunate burn victim from the night shift? Its just odd and disconcerting.

What's the shower doctor's name? The one who is treating the pregnant AIDs patient? Well on daytime GH she just got busted by Carly for having sex with Jerry! My word... that woman sure does get around!

I never bothered to remember her name since she has not been a front burner player...

But that must be changing... Between the Traumatic Syndrome Vet, the pregnant Aids lady, dealing with Alexis and Sam, and her assorted liaisons, she is pretty busy...

And she is quite attractive... More so than the Head nurse's son... IMO...

I am so bad at names, it's pathetic! That actor had a major role in Port Charles... (And it took at least 30 seconds to come up with THAT name!!!) He's a good actor, though he shall remain nameless for the moment..

;0))

PK

Stanford? I think he's name is Stanford and I had no idea he worked for the mob! HUH? But in the daytime GH his mother (HER name escapes me!) told Liz something about him working for the mob just like Jaon.

Yeah, the actress is beautiful but what the heck is that characters name and Carly even hollered it out and she's friends with Robin? Because of the AIDs patient or something else? I'm so confused and today's show didn't help.

FORT Fan

good news on the ratings. I am enjoying the show so far. Good to see the old gh.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2491223;
    Stanford? I think he's name is Stanford and I had no idea he worked for the mob! HUH? But in the daytime GH his mother (HER name escapes me!) told Liz something about him working for the mob just like Jaon.

Yeah, the actress is beautiful but what the heck is that characters name and Carly even hollered it out and she's friends with Robin? Because of the AIDs patient or something else? I'm so confused and today's show didn't help.
    Harmony.... Stanford's mother's name is Epiphany. And Stanford has worked for Jason for years as his go-to electronics guru.

The female doctor's name is Kelly. She was one of Robin's roommates prior to her moving in with Patrick.

You must not watch GH too terribly much... they've both been on fairly often over the past year or so.

+ Reply to Thread