+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: General Hospital: Night Shift

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Re: General Hospital: Night Shift

How wonderful about Vanessa!!!!!

Thanks for the info about the camera work... Apparently it did help set the mood...

Wouldn't it be great, if this show proves to be worthy of network prime time? Hah... It's already better than a lot...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Newbie

I would be so excited if that is really true about Vanessa! I wonder if it would be like Night Shift only for her or for actual GH? I wonder if she is related to Cooper, don't they have the same last name?

Yes, Brenda and Coop have the same last name. I'm not sure how they would be related, however. Maybe cousins or something?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I've been thinking that he's her brother.

My recollection is not that clear, but I know there was a storyline with her father years ago, and if I am recalling correctly, they were estranged, or she only found out he was her father...

I can "almost" see the actor, but that doesn't help!

I think I will spend some Google time refreshing my memory...

;0))

PK

From stuff I gleaned at Soap Central...

Brenda's storyline began in 1992..

Brenda's older paternal half sister was Julia Barrett.

Her father was Harlan Barrett, who couldn't deal with Brenda because she reminded him of his dead wife.

Julia came to Port Charles to run the family conglomerate... She fell in love with Bill Eckert, who eventually rid the world of Harlan - a member of a cartel planning to rule the world... Needless to say, Julia and Bill parted company... She then had affairs with Ned and AJ for starters. Brenda turned up on her doorstep and lived with Julia while going to high school, where she met Jagger Cates (Antonio Sabato, JR <swoon>...). And the rest is history, LOL...

No mention of any male siblings... I wonder if Julia might have had a baby out of wedlock who kept her name and was raised by someone else?

Or, of course Harlan could have easily have had male siblings...

Hah... I guess Brenda isn't old enough to have a kid Coop's age... Not even in SOAP years...

;0))

PK

It felt a little weird at first with the way the show was filmed, but I actually liked it. I think that the fact that Night Shift is doing their own thing separate from GH is a bit of a stretch, but I am so glad we are not going to see Sonny, Carly or Sam.

I heard that this is a 13 episode experiment and I hope that it does well in the ratings, because I already liked just this one episode more than the regular GH, except for missing the Q's.

Excellent news ratings wise for Night Shift...

The following blurb comes from Marc Berman's Programing insider column at Mediaweek.com... Television Ratings - TV Show News - Nielsen Ratings

-Record Start for General Hospital’s Night Shift on SOAPnet:
    The debut of General Hospital: Night Shift, SOAPnet’s first original scripted drama, debuted on Friday, July 12 with a record 1.0 million total viewers, 498,000 women 18-49 and 192,000 women 18-34 at 11 p.m. Comparatively, that ranked second among all basic cable competition in the 9 p.m. hour in women 18-49 and among the top 10 in total viewers (#10) and women 18-34 (#8). And versus the year-ago time period, General Hospital: Night Shift was up by as much as 482 percent in women 18-34. Nothing is officially confirmed, but SOAPnet EVP and General Manager Deborah Blackwell strongly suggested that Night Shift will remain on the schedule past the original 13 episode order.

;0))

PK

WOW those are great numbers! There is no way they would overlook that, its advertising gold. *does a happy dance*

Does this mean we get more of Jason and Liz? That is not a spoiler because if you look at any of the cast lists it shows that Liz is going to be on it and if Jason is there and not Lucky... well you put it together.

Okay. Still haven't gotten used to the new people's names except for Layla. Is Toussaint Billy Dee? Anyway, I can't wait for tonight! Umm..I'm trying to remember the other student nurses names and the hot cardio doctor.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread