+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: General Hospital: Night Shift

Re: General Hospital: Night Shift

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3175473;
    Well, the show has officially had it's first storyline error, imo. On Night Shift, Robert Scorpio is a patient, has all sorts of scenes with Robin and is wandering all over the hospital. On GH, Anna is at the hospital all the time and has lots of scenes with Robin. Why is it that they haven't seen each other? Wouldn't Robin at least mention to her mother that her father is, oh, probably dying of colon cancer in that very hospital? They're missing a golden opportunity here to reunite Finola and Tristian who, I always thought had incredible chemistry.
    Well, I read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Finola will be in the last 3 epi's so that golden opportunity isn't going to waste after all !
    All in all, I'm liking this season much more than the first...of course, they lost me by the second episode last season, so who knows? I'm just hoping they decide to keep Antonio Sabato around for GH. The PCPD could use another cop. Jagger and Lucky could team up - old school Robert and Luke style - and have a lovely little quandrangle with Sam and Liz (since TPTB are determined to keep her and Jason apart ).
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Is anyone else still watching? The scenes with Robert and Anna in last night's episode had me in tears. Those two are just magic together. When he started bawling and she held him, I just lost it.

I'm really hoping they don't kill him off. I hate when they bring back beloved characters only to kill them - remember Rick Webber on GH and Dixie on AMC? I love Tristan Rogers and, even though he probably isn't looking for a regular gig, I hate the idea of him never showing back up again.

I read a spoiler somewhere that said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sean and Tiffany will be on the show, as will Luke. I hope it's not so they can say goodbye to Robert
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm seriously the only person here still watching, aren't I?

Last night's show was incredible! As a longtime GH fan, the scenes from Robert's "dream" were like gold. To have Sean, Tiffany, Mac, Luke, Robert, Anna and Robin in a scene was like old times. I cried through the whole thing. The little flashbacks they did from the old days, including Robert finding Robin in his house as a little girl - before he knew she was his daughter - were wonderful. So much history between those characters and between the actors. The moment that really got me was when Robert turned to Robin and told her she'd been pretty quiet and she replied "I just love you Daddy."

Dream Anna acting like a marionette and wearing her wedding dress was hilarious. The characters were themselves, but through Robert's eyes, so not quite themselves.

I hope that Robert finally waking up is a good sign. I'd be crushed if they killed off such a classic character. I agreed with Luke - they deserve dramatic deaths, not deaths where they just fade away.

You know, Antonio Sabato Jr. is awfully pretty, but he's a horrible actor. When he cried to Saira about possibly losing Stone, I cried out "Acting!" (<---John Lovitz voice). They should just give him scenes where he smiles and takes off his shirt.

LOVE that Kyle's romance with his patient isn't handled any differently than a hetero relationship would be. I only hope his guy won't be killed in a plane crash on the way to get treatment in Portland. It was bad enough when Claire's patient/schoolmate/potential boyfriend died in surgery.

I can't believe there's only one episode left in the season. They should have a marathon this weekend (I don't know for sure, but they probably will), so you anyone who missed some episodes catch up before the big finale. Last night's episode alone is worth hunting down for long-time GH fans!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I thought those dream scenes were pretty awesome too. I haven't followed GH in years and I only started watching Night Shift when Chad Allen started appearing, so I wasn't sure who from the old guard were making a comeback and who were just on the show as usual. But when I saw Luke I knew they pulled something special together.

I like that they left the budding romance between Kyle and Chad's character open-ended. Hopefully Chad will make more appearances next season, because the story is being handled very well.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3218339;
    I thought those dream scenes were pretty awesome too. I haven't followed GH in years and I only started watching Night Shift when Chad Allen started appearing, so I wasn't sure who from the old guard were making a comeback and who were just on the show as usual. But when I saw Luke I knew they pulled something special together.

I like that they left the budding romance between Kyle and Chad's character open-ended. Hopefully Chad will make more appearances next season, because the story is being handled very well.
    Well, so far anyway. The way they've been torpedoing romances this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Eric's plane crashes into a mountain in next week's episode! I would LOVE if Chad Allen came back next season so we could watch that relationship develop.

This season has been a HUGE improvement over last season. It's been what GH used to be before the mob invaded. Frankly, I'd barely miss anyone on GH (except for maybe Spinelli), if they just replaced it with Night Shift. The characters I care about are on NS and get very little screen time on GH.

You're right about that episode being something special. You know it's a good scene (at least for longtime fans) when the newest character (Mac) has been on the show for 18 years! You could really tell how tickled the actors were to be working together again. I wish it wasn't only for a few scenes. Those were the actors who were the focus of GH when I really got hooked on the show. That was back when the heroes of the show were funny too. Now they just shoot each other and have sex on couches.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011