+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: General Hospital: Night Shift

Re: General Hospital: Night Shift

Didn't Kate tell Sonny that she was going to write about the hospital? Taking the rest of my comment to the other GH topic.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Is this show off the air now? Or is it scheduled to comeback in some incarnation?

I didn't even know there was a night shift. Is it on the Soap channel?
    Yup, with donuts!!

It was a temporary show last summer, buglover. I haven't actually heard whether it was going to get picked up for another run.... but I am guessing not. JMO.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Did anyone catch this last night? I definitely enjoyed it more than last season, I might even keep watching this version . I'll be curious to see if they really are going to keep continuity between "Night Shift" and the regular GH, because there was a pretty big thing that happened last night that should impact the hospital and Patrick's role there. So we'll see...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

All of the articles I've read have indicated they're really working on the continuity thing because that was a big complaint about last season.

I enjoyed it, for the most part, but I still thought the transitions between scenes were a bit choppy. One minute, the chief of staff collapses and then, in the next scene, Patrick is the acting chief of staff. I know they probably just wanted Antonio Sabato Jr. to make his first appearance wearing as little clothing as possible, but I hated that he just appeared in Robin's apartment. Still, it's better than GH and all the gangster crap.

I am disappointed that they recast Dr. Julian. I really liked that actor.
    ETA: Okay, so I went and checked the official site. The actor playing Dr. Julian is the brother of the original actor. I couldn't figure out why he looked so much like the other actor, but it obviously wasn't him.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-23-2008 at 02:43 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3141961;
    I am disappointed that they recast Dr. Julian. I really liked that actor.
    OK, I must be really slow 'cause I was thinking that was a totally new character Now that you mention it though, I see why they re-cast him, because the character in this incarnation was a total tool!! There's no waythe old (and much cuter) Dr. Julian would have acted that way. Tall, cute, longish hair, Indian or some such? Sweet with Maxie and her heart trouble? I'm not confusing him? He was never an arrogant jerk like this guy!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

I don't think they recast because they didn't like the actor. The info on the official site indicates the original actor wasn't available. The "other" Dr. Julian was much more laid back, although it seems like we're just getting a taste of the bad blood between him and his brother, who's got to be a step-brother or half-brother, don't you think? This new guy is okay, but he's playing it completely differently from the way his brother played the character.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3142190;
    I don't think they recast because they didn't like the actor. The info on the official site indicates the original actor wasn't available. The "other" Dr. Julian was much more laid back, although it seems like we're just getting a taste of the bad blood between him and his brother, who's got to be a step-brother or half-brother, don't you think? This new guy is okay, but he's playing it completely differently from the way his brother played the character.
    No, I didn't mean I thought they didn't like the actor who played the old Dr. Julian. I just meant since they're taking the character in a totally different direction, it would be hard to see the old actor playing him like such a jerk. Its cool the two actors are brothers in real life though . I read somewhere (probably SOD or something) that one of the two TV Julian brothers is adopted, but I don't know which one it's supposed to be
    Desiderata

Well, the show has officially had it's first storyline error, imo. On Night Shift, Robert Scorpio is a patient, has all sorts of scenes with Robin and is wandering all over the hospital. On GH, Anna is at the hospital all the time and has lots of scenes with Robin. Why is it that they haven't seen each other? Wouldn't Robin at least mention to her mother that her father is, oh, probably dying of colon cancer in that very hospital? They're missing a golden opportunity here to reunite Finola and Tristian who, I always thought had incredible chemistry.

+ Reply to Thread