+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Army Wives~ Lifetime

Re: Army Wives~ Lifetime

I hope they aren't showing us how wonderful Trevor (LeBlanc) is now only to show us how much he will change after he returns from Iraq.

I watched ep3 last night - it was nice to see Jason Wiles again, too bad he was disturbed.

I'm going to watch ep3 today once I get caught up on a couple of chores. OHMYGOD, I got so sad when Roland's wife walked out! And she called him "her beautiful husband" *sniffs*

LG.

I thought I recognized the PTSD guy as Jason Wiles from Third Watch. Too bad he was a psycho
    Click to see Spoiler:
    who ended up dead
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

This is a really good show, if a bit slow moving. I love all of the women and Claudia Joy's daughter Amanda really looks a lot like Kim Delaney ! Great casting.

Too bad they didn't call the show Military Wives and include some other branches of the service. It is especially hard to watch Catherine Bell as an Army wife after she was a Marine officer.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I love this show.

I just caught up on this show last weekend... and really enjoy it. I have absolutely ZERO experience with military life, so I'm appreciating the input, Harmony.

You're welcome!

WOW this episode is really good. I don't blame Frank at all for reacting that way. I don't like Roxy's mom, not at all! The twist with Trevors (haha pun!) knee is interesting. I wonder where they are going with that one because in real life? If you are non-deployable and can't fulfill your mission? You are separated from the military. Maybe its different in the army.

So I finally figured out where this fictional base is! My first clue was where they took the surrogate babies (looked like Charleston to me). I believe its in North Carolina and being modeled after the very real Ft. Bragg. Only thing confusing me is the shots of naval vessels *strokes chin*

Anyways, very good episode and Roland is just awesome.

While I agree with the root anger underneath Frank's action, I completely disagree with throwing your child out on the street. And I'm not too happy with Colonel Holden just sending him on his way while apparently knowing about the fact that he had been thrown out of the house. Where exactly do they think this kid is staying? Why don't they care??? (I know his mother and Claudia Joy do... I just mean the men.)

But yes, this was a really powerful episode. Loved it!

Well I posted that before he threw him out of the house. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I can definitely understand his anger and I'm trying to keep in mind that the character just came back from a major ordeal and is probably suffering from PTSD, however, Holden isn't. While I understand his need to protect his daughter, he could have slipped the kid some money or something for a hotel.

For the most part I am really pleased and pleasantly shocked with how accurate this show is being, however, there are two glaring inconsistencies which I can forgive because they do need some creative license.

The main one being that in real life Claudia Joy, Denise, and Roland would never be friends with Pamela or Roxy on a base the size of this one. There are a couple of exceptions. Roland as a doctor could possibly be friends with Pamela or Roxy but not likely. Pamela as a delta wife could possibly be friends with Claudia Joy or Denise IF one of their husbands were the officer in charge of Chase's team because the special operations units and their spouses are the ones who are really close on the bases.

The other one? Base housing is not a happy idyllic place. The majority of people elect to live off base and the only ones there are those who can't afford to live out on the town or high ranking officers who have to live on base to be near the troops. Also, base housing tends to be very high crime and unsafe areas. Think the worst inner city and there you have it. Ft. Bragg and the ones here at Norfolk are just horrible with crime, shootings, domestic violence.

OK now back to last nights show. I found the ending where Jeremy may have enlisted very interesting. That could go a number of ways.

1: Since his father said "you are dead to me", Jeremy could state on his paperwork that his parents are deceased.

2: This is where the show may veer off into the unbelievable and possibly lose me. Jeremy attends basic training and then gets shipped off to Iraq and gets either killed or capture....hmmm... just like his dad?

3: Another point they could lose me is if they assign Jeremy to his father's unit. That would mean they would have to make sure Jeremy got more training than just boot camp, he'd have to go to airborne school. Also, once he got there they would have to confess that he is Frank's son and at that point Jeremy would probably be kicked out of the Army for fraudulent enlistment. If Frank decides to cover for him? Then they will both be kicked out for it when it comes out.

Either way... this could be very interesting if written right.

Also, in regards to Roxy's employment? Its not unusual for a lower enlisted wife to be a bartender, waitress or even stripper since that is where a large percentage meet their wives. That or they bring them with them from home (high school sweethearts) or they meet them in training and marry them to get that extra money and the ability to live off base.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 07-09-2007 at 07:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast