+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Burn Notice

Re: Burn Notice

This show may just have to join my owned DVD collection. The scenes between Michael and Mom are marvelous as are those between Michael and Fi. Gabriella Anwar is probably my favorite female action actress. I'd like to see her in some of the parts that go to Angelina Jolie, but not too soon. Must keep her in Burn Notice.

Bruce Campbell has a knack for being cast in the most entertaining tv shows and his talent only adds to the enjoyment. I already do own Brisco County, Jr., which amazes me with its wit, charm, and originality. I mean, casting Dr. Timothy Leary as a Harvard professor of plant biology in an episode that was Stagecoach meets The Avengers -- who would think of that?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yeah, i mean, the entire cast is amazing and its not so much about their individual skills (even though they are all amazing actors) but more about how well the interact with each other...

Can't wait for tonight! Have y'all seen the previews? I do always enjoy Fi kicking a$$...crazy move with the stun gun...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I thought this week's Comrades was an outstanding episode amongst so many great ones. Michael's scenes with Mom and Nate were wonderful and showed growth in the family relationships. Sam got some really fine things to do and Fi was good as always.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

"daddy"
    "Bet you never thought you'd hear me call you that"

I love Fi.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

haha yeah and how about before that when she goes "cant you see he has dementia?"...claissic. Fi and Sam were great this episode and i loved when he told her she was "one crazy chick" after she tasered herself...

Awesome to see Nate back...He did really well and i loved the family dynamic between he and Michael and Madeline

Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

I love a good caper movie and they have brought that to TV. Excellent job.

I am not thrilled with Sharon Gless, however. His mother is the type of minor character who could steal the show but doesn't. This role was miscast. She has failed to make her character compelling or interesting. Having a cigarette in her hand in EVERY scene is annoying and that is the fault of the director.

Grace Zabtriskie does a fabulous job on Big Love as Bill Paxton's mother. Burn Notice needs a strong comedic character to round out the otherwise good cast.

The set design is fabulous right down to the rusty ice box, empty save for a few yoghurts.

Miami is the perfect backdrop for this show, as well.

I think Sharon Gless is the perfect choice for the role, she and Jeffrey play off each other well...but to each his own

Anyone else think that Michael and Fi's chemistry was on fire in Thursday's episode? The power drill scene was full of sexual tension...

Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3163034;
    I think Sharon Gless is the perfect choice for the role, she and Jeffrey play off each other well...but to each his own
    I think I am in the minority. She appears to be very well received.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3163034;

Anyone else think that Michael and Fi's chemistry was on fire in Thursday's episode? The power drill scene was full of sexual tension...
    I think shes wonderful as well, she is every crazy mom that I have ever known (mine included lol) rolled in to one.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

"Barbara Mandrell; nothing wrong with that."

"I've got something for you right here: a melody?"

Oh, Sam. You are my very favorite.

+ Reply to Thread